1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
+1 on the Crimson Trace! Great answer. *** does *** mean Mr. Jim?:confused:

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
I would tend to agree that Crimson Trace would be about the only "drop in" sights (kinda sights). Anything else would involve the Kimber tight sight struggle getting the old ones out and the Kimber tight dovetail struggle getting the new ones in. Hardly "drop in."

:)

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Kruzr - I have only heard how hard it is to drift out Kimber sights. I prefer the tactical advantage of the laser in dark situations where threat reaction time and good shot placement determine whether you walk away. My preference only, but I won't carry a pistol that doesn't have a laser on it. My "old" eyes have enough trouble with open sights in broad daylight. :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
***?? :biglaugh: You were being funny right? :D
Meaning, when someone says sights, I think sights, not laser. Since everyone else has gone straight to suggesting laser instead of sights, I'm curious what the OP was asking. Laser may be an option he hadn't considered, but I'm guessing he meant sights, as in real sights. :D And I'd call them drop in just because they'll "drop in" although with a hell of a press. :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was thinking sights not laser, it's a carry gun, i have a light with laser underneath (m6) on my nightstand gun, is it PITA to put sights on kimbers?

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
I guess not very:biglaugh::biglaugh: My UCII has standard sights as well and after installing the CT's on my J frame I'm thinking it's the way to go for the Kimber.. Cheers.. Ron

***?? :biglaugh: You were being funny right? :D

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
I know what he was asking - I just think the whole concept of being able to see your sights when you can't see the target is a little funny:biglaugh:

I have also found the laser to be a great tool for working on trigger release. I have the holes in my wall to prove it! :biglaugh:

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
I've installed a couple of sets of XS24/7 Big Dot sights in Ultra Carry IIs. My universal P500 sight pusher did the job easily. Don't lose the spring and lever under the rear sight.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know what he was asking - I just think the whole concept of being able to see your sights when you can't see the target is a little funny:biglaugh:

I have also found the laser to be a great tool for working on trigger release. I have the holes in my wall to prove it! :biglaugh:
No to argue but the laser won't make you see your target either if it's dark you'll need a weaponlight for that.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Having a light handy would be great! Staying out of pitch black places where threats might exist is even better.:biglaugh:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts