1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin just got an ultra carry series 1. He got it for a little over 600.00. I have read the series 1's ,are in some opinions,a better gun. Is this true? If so how? The finish on his is a lot more metallic looking than my series 2. Is this normal? Have they changed the finish for any reasons other than looks?

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Cousin

hey guys I'm the cousin that kimber41 is talking about...just got the gun today from a RI dealer who listed on GunsAmerica. he only took pics off the offhand side of the pistol,and when I called him,I only asked that it had an internal extractor......never thought to ask if it was a series I or II.Anyway like my cuz says,I got it for 629.00 plus shipping so it's a decent buy either way I think. Theres a tiny scratch on the trigger guard bottom and a wear mark on the frame thats only visible when the slide is locked back and the slidestop is up.Aside from thatand the funky aluminum foil looking silver frame finish...I think I did OK.....shot 21 shots for accuracy late this afternoon and 29 for function (fast and soft handed), I had one FTL with the Kimber mag,but the gun came totally crudded up and I just brushed the loose stuff off the ramp with my finger before I shot it. that was with the first loaded mag and then all was well.....and I can HIT WITH THIS THING !!!!!:cool::cool:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
You did good. I paid around $650 for my pre-Series II several years ago, which unfortunately I no longer have. I think they are probably selling for a little more than book, simply beause they are in demand and are getting harder to find.

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
I feel like I got a great deal on my pre II HD at $600 with Novak's night sights. It's at Kimber now and I don't know if I'll recognize it when it gets back. :D I'm looking forward to the front strap checkering too. It's only thing I really liked when comparing checkered and non-checkered back to back.

Hang on to it and take care of it!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts