1911Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering a different grip option for my Ultra CDP. Going to decide this week. Really like VZ configurations. But just can't visualize their products on a two-tone frame. Any ideas and especially a picture would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.....Steve

·
Registered
735 Posts
I am getting ready to do the same thing with my UCDP but I guess I am just stalling. I don't have a pic but I have seen the VZ black paper GB's on one before and it completely changed the looks of the gun to much better. I like the stock grips but the three tone look bothers me and I wanted to get some black or blasted black VZ's or even the crazy looking Davidsons would look good too. I may just get the Davidsons either the horned lizard or Wyrm style, they are both black and grey so they would match great. I have a mag well on mine that make the stock grips even less apealing to me, I need the squared off or flat bottom type for the mag well. You are on the right track, in fact I may just order some today. Good luck!!!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for such immediate responses, Custom-Guy check out stickmans post and pictures from 9/17 onthe wilson magwell on a CDP. And CDP I'm also interested in the carbon fibers, but I cannot tell if they are smooth or if they can be checkered for a better grip. The looks are great though and will probably high light a two tone weapon. And I know the carbon-fiber reputation as the toughest material. just curious about the finish...Thanks Again.....

·
Registered
735 Posts
Tampasteve said:
Custom-Guy check out stickmans post and pictures from 9/17 onthe wilson magwell on a CDP.

Can't find it, can you help! "stickman" isn't even a registerd name looking through the members. HELP please. Thank's.......... :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right now sticksman post is on page 2 here under the Kimber title. See wilson magwell on ultra, date 9/17. Great picture. And CDP guy thanks for the e-mail , still not sure on the Carbons. And if I get a new set of grips I will keep my old ones for future use......Great Responses .....Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice H-grips, I checked their web site and do not see a Officers grip w/ambi cut.,and the cutout for the mag release. What model # do you have. Web site shows model 43000. Please see if you have the same or different . Will probably get a set to try, not that expensive....Thanks again

·
Registered
236 Posts
Tampasteve said:
Nice H-grips, I checked their web site and do not see a Officers grip w/ambi cut.,and the cutout for the mag release. What model # do you have. Web site shows model 43000. Please see if you have the same or different . Will probably get a set to try, not that expensive....Thanks again
Thats what it looks like to me too. The 43000, and I found it really cheap here: http://www.wholesalehunter.net/mfgs/Hogue_2.html I have the Ultra CDP and may pick up a set for myself. They are only $16.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ordered the VZ's yesterday, and locally looking for the houge's to pick up a spare set of grips, Also going to order the magwell next week.... Thanks for all the input, and I hope someone else can benefit from such expert advise....Steve

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.