1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a New Ultra CC II this is my first small - 3" auto that is not a 22, 25 or 32. I can't wait to give it a work out. Does anyone have any advice on spare Mags? I bought a generic SS mag at the gun show it would not insert without a slap, turns out it was hanging up on the mag release and when I tried to manually run some dummy rounds through it they all nose dived, so that was $19.00 shot to hell. The factory mag works fine but the slide release will not release will not depress and release the slide with the factory mag in place, sort of like a Kahr. any suggestions for mags that work well and are less than the factory toll?
I love the gun, but I am not a big laser fan but the deal was right, I have just south of $1000.00 in it tax and all,don't know the going price but that includes the inside the waist holster I bought for it. Thanks for looking Karl I hope posting the holster makers card with the pictures is not a violation. I am posting it as it is a quality holster and his prices are extremely resonable. If it is please accept my apologies and edit it out again thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
Congrats! On your purchase. Now on your Mag situation, try browsing around using the Search function. I have no problems with any of my mags (stock Kimber and Kim-Pro, Wilson Combat, or Chip McCormick) but others will offer their strong opinions on what they prefer.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
If your mag was empty it will lock the slide back. You have to drop the mag to release the slide stop. As for mags I believe in buying once. I use wilson mags but have friends using chip mccormick and tripp mags without any problems. In most cases you get what you pay for when it comes to mags.

·
Premium Member
3,129 Posts
I have the same handgun and, while they are factory mags, the Kim-Pro mags are flawless. Since mags are so important to a pistol's function and reliability, I've been reluctant to purchase cheaper gun show mags.

Stay safe,
Rick

·
Registered
790 Posts
The factory mag works fine but the slide release will not release will not depress and release the slide with the factory mag in place

I'm just guessing here but was the mag empty when you could not press the slide stop? Kimber takes a lot of force to release the slide on an empty mag. It's my opinion this action shouldn't be done. If your not reloading, drop the empty mag and walk the slide forward.

Again, my opinion only.

·
Registered
645 Posts
My 5 Kimbers all work fine with the stock mags & interchange, really like the KimPro Tac Mag that came with my Super Carry Ultra Plus( SCUP )

·
Registered
31 Posts
I also use the Wilson 47 OX mags in my Ultra Carry II. They work fine, I'll look into getting the KimPro Tac mags next. Use them in my Kimber Custom II with good results too,along with the 47D's.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
I've always like Kimber's KimPro-Tac mags

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kim Pro Mags

Been looking on line at Mags, and I think I am going to try the Kim Pro's. I have found them for $21 delivered so I guess they are worth a shot,( ha, ha) thanks to all who chimed in Karl

1 - 11 of 11 Posts