1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, after numerous issues involving FTF and FTE, I sent my Ultra II back to Kimber. Dennis was very cooperative and the pistol was returned and now functions 100%. Interestingly, however, a new slide was fitted and the new slide has the internal extractor. Perhaps Kimber will be returning to an internal extractor to alleviate some of the concerns with the external extractor.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Does the serial number match? I also sent my UCII back to Kimber in May. They polished the ramp feed and replace the extractor/spring. I haven't had a problem with it since I got it back from Kimber. It's intersting that you got a new slide.

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
Chuck S said:
Ought to tell ya a lot about the Kimber extractor!

-- Chuck
It tells me that the overall cost of the four parts and the costs spent in fixing them were more than the cost of dropping an internal extractor.

What I expect to see now is lots of complaints about the Series II safety (again) causing FTRTB or FTF problems when it is the extractor that needs adjusting.

Chuck, maybe you should post your pictures a few more times for posterity since you will have to retire them soon. :D

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
It's sad Kimber drop the ball on this and didn't get an external extractor roight. S&W seems to be having little problems with their design except for the pin holding it walking out at times.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey Gary,

That doesn't seem like a litte problem.

·
Banned
7,485 Posts
Here's my Kimber Ultra II. Same solution as Scprice's.

Before:

[Heck you've seen this enough!]

After:

My new-old-stock Ultra II has a non ramped barrel. The IIe had a ramped version. Both feed just fine and the II ejects spent cartridges as well!

-- Chuck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts