1911Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Have you considered the Ultra Eclipse. Its all stainless steel with checkered Front strap, ambi safety, night sights and black stainless finish. It is a little bit heavier than the ultra, but should be great for CCW. I considered the lightweights also, but went with the all stainless for durability. ricko

· Registered
914 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Get a Colt.

Regards,
Callahan

------------------
"I would like to see a restoration of a Constitutional Republic, with the federal government defanged, muzzled, shackled and cast back into its constitutional prison." - Noumenon (From FreeRepublic.com)

· Registered
274 Posts
I personally went with the CDP package over a standard model + local gunsmithing because I didn't know a good smith, and I didn't want to trust just anyone to start cutting up my first gun. However, there certainly are a fair number of good smiths around, and if you are willing to spend the extra time they can give you exactly what you want.

------------------
"He who goes unarmed in paradise had better be sure that that is where he is."
-- James Thurber

· Registered
1,399 Posts
<><> jercdevil, I got the SS UC. I sent the slide back to Kimber, and got nite-sites installed. Then put on a set of Hogue cocobolo grips. Put skateboard tape on the frontstrap, carry it everyday, except when I carry my Compact. All done for under $900.00
-------------
<><> Raspy <><>

· Registered
17 Posts
Take a close look at the Eclipse II. I hear the prices are down in the $900 range now makeing it an excellant choice not withstanding MIM components. By the way, has anyone replaced all MIM castings with the good stuff? How much $$$ would it take to convert one?...(ballpark)
Pike

· Registered
118 Posts
I also bought an Ultra CDP with no regrets. When you figure the cost to add the features of the Ultra CDP to the Ultra, you will find it's cheaper to buy the CDP.However, if you don't want all of the features to begin with,I'd say go with the Ultra.

· Registered
20 Posts
The CDP is a custom shop gun and the several that I have seen have extremely good fit and feel and shoot extremely accurate.

My CCW is a Ultra CDP and I am more than satisfied with the performance and reliability.

The combination of stainless steel slide and aluminum frame make the CDP a little lighter for CCW. Also if you live in a humid part of the country, rust is a consideration.

A lot of people do not like to spend $$$ on a gun and then have the bluing wear thin or disappear from contact with the holster. My stainless slide has a couple "polished" areas from holster wear and the anodized frame has no wear at all.

· Registered
347 Posts
Go with the CDP and be done with it!

DAW

------------------
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..."
-- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

· Registered
168 Posts
Same issue for me about 9 months ago! I went with the CDP and haven't looked back. What sold me was the front strap checkering on the CDP - made me feel like I could hold on to the pistol better with its snappy recoil. Night sights was another plus!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.