1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone shot a new Ultra Ten II yet? What were you're impressions? I am considering a Glock 30 or an Ultra Ten II. I already own a polymer Kimber so I figure it would be a good transition.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ordered one several months ago and it is due in this week or next. When I get it I will let you know. I have a Glock 30 and several S&W revolvers.
michael

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
44lite, I can't wait to hear the comparsion. One thing I constantly hear about the Glock 30 is its accuracy for its size..you agree?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have also ordered one on Apr. 25, Kimber said I should have it by mid July. Can't wait. Will post when I get it.

------------------
GMAN

·
Registered
46 Posts
Kobra
I have had revolvers for many years. My favorites are the S&W 629's. I also have had a 44spcl lightweight for a couple of years. I thought I was a fair shot with these. It took two, maybe three, trips to the range before I could shoot rings around the revolvers with the G30. The recoil on the G30 is less than that on my large revolvers. I will let you know.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have consistently heard that a Glock 30 is a real shooter. I am going to get my CCW in a month or so and I am using it as a reason for another purchase. I bought a Glock 26 last year for my fiancee to carry and it too was quite the shooter for such a small weapon.

Presently I am looking at an Ultra Ten II, Glock 30, Glock 29, Glock 36 or Taurus 415 as the CCW weapon (in order of present choice).

I found a used Glock 30 and 35 in the gunstore a year or so ago and I failed to buy them - what a dumb move that was.

Keep us informed...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Kobra, what polymer Kimber do you own?

I'm looking at picking one up for myself, as I found five 98%+ stainless Kimber highcaps and got 'em for a song.

Mike

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I own a fullsize stainless with two 13rd mags with fixed sights that I paid about $800 for.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I checked this AM and still no Ultra Ten II. They have not been shipped yet. I wish someone could tell us what the problem is. Maybe they are waiting for Kalifornia to approve them before they ship any.
Michael

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was considering an Ultra Ten II vs an Ultra Carry, so I finally got sick of waiting for an Ultra Ten to show up in my favorite gun shop and I called kimber yesterday. I spoke with a representative and he told me that 0 (none) have even been PRODUCED yet, except for prototype models. Kimber has not received ATF approval on the gun and will not invest a dime in production until final ATF approval. So anyone waiting for the Ultra Ten II can hold their breath, but you will turn blue! No plans on shipping, no plans on production until ATF approval, and who knows when this will happen.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I heard the same thing as seassa, probably won't go into production until Jan. 02. I cancelled my order and got a Pro CDP, instead.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Kobra,

It's all true. The G 30 is a great shooter. It groups tight and I can shoot better with it than any other 45 I've had. I don't know exactly what it is. I guess a combination of grip angle, low bore axis, polymer, and grip width. It just works great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by seassa:
I was considering an Ultra Ten II vs an Ultra Carry, so I finally got sick of waiting for an Ultra Ten to show up in my favorite gun shop and I called kimber yesterday. I spoke with a representative and he told me that 0 (none) have even been PRODUCED yet, except for prototype models. Kimber has not received ATF approval on the gun and will not invest a dime in production until final ATF approval. So anyone waiting for the Ultra Ten II can hold their breath, but you will turn blue! No plans on shipping, no plans on production until ATF approval, and who knows when this will happen.
I saw one in Baton Rouge at the last Gun & Knife show about 2 week-ends ago.
I am not sure how that dealer got it if it is not being produced yet

It felt great and it would be very easy to conceal...I am certain that it was a Ultra Ten II though either way.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
44lite, thanks for the update. I just hope the gun doesn't fall thru the cracks because of some paperwork. Surely after Kimber has invested this much time/money/labor into it they will eventually produce it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Both "Guns" and "Handguns" magazines gave the Ultra Ten II favorable reviews. Hopefully we won't have to wait much longer.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts