1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have one? Reviews? I'm really digging the CCO Wilson. Ordered it today (9mm) and it should be here in a couple of days. I hope to make it my edc.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I am expecting delivery of my UC Commander Compact any day now. I can't wait. I have the original Bill Wilson Carry, which is a CCO configuration. It became ammo sensitive and even a trip to the mothership did not correct it. Hence, it is now a range gun.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have one in 9mm and like it a lot. It's the only gun I've been drilling with for several months now.

The Commander length wasn't a choice since I took the gun on a trade. But, I'm glad it is a full Commander. Lots of holster choices out there (especially used holsters).

Only thing I might change is to add a mag well to get just a little bit more grip into my palm.

·
Super Moderator
14,634 Posts
Thanks for the link markwell, good read. Contrary to a few of the commenters, some of us CAN afford a Wilson and DO CARRY a Wilson for edc. I have been considering a lightweight commander lately, but with a regular size frame instead of compact frame due to my hand width.

Nice holster BTW; I have a Rhodesian for my Hackathorn Special Commander, and the two could swap for carry or range use with one holster.:)

·
Super Moderator
14,634 Posts
Thanks guys. I have a sentinel xl in 9mm and I think I got the sickness...
We got to see and shoot the Sentinel XL just before it was announced at the Berryville Bash a few years ago - it is a great pistol and shoots very well! Congrats.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Our ULC Compact Commander has a few miles on it now but still runs flawlessly. Only two complaints; 1) the AT finish could be tougher and 2) the checkering on the front strap could be extended more to the each side to round out the front profile like a Colt; would be nice if it met the edges of the stocks.

·
Super Moderator
13,497 Posts
That's a rough looking gun markwell. It might cause a few people to be put on suicide watch.

Grandpa, you might have to talk some people off the ledge.

·
Registered
832 Posts
This is not a rough looking gun; it's one that has travelled a bit and has stories to tell.

·
Super Moderator
13,497 Posts
This is not a rough looking gun; it's one that has travelled a bit and has stories to tell.
I found this one you sent me a couple years ago.

·
Registered
832 Posts
The above pic was taken after a day in the dog towns. It's only dirt mixed with Prairie Dog s#*t and it washes off with beer.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Our ULC Compact Commander has a few miles on it now but still runs flawlessly.
That is one sweet looking pistol! A Wilson Ultralight Carry Compact is on my short list of pistols I'd like to add to the stable. Need to keep putting coins together so that I might be able to grab one someday.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
WC Ultralight Carry Commander Compact - 45ACP

Black Armor Tuff
Compact Size Aluminum Round Butt Frame
30 LPI High Cut Checkered Frontstrap
Aluminum Mainspring Housing
Concealment Bullet Proof® Beavertail Grip Safety and
Hammer
Tactical Bullet Proof® Thumb Safety
3 1⁄2# – 4 1⁄2# Crisp Trigger Pull with Long Length Pad (3
hole)
Bullet Proof® Magazine Release
Slotted Grip Screws
Countersunk Slide Stop
4.25” Carbon Steel Slide
Heavy Machine Chamfer on Bottom of Slide
Battlesight with Hackathorn Orange Ring Tritium Front
Sight
4.25” Stainless Match Grade Barrel and Bushing,
Fluted Chamber
30 LPI Slide Top Serrations
Omit Carry Cuts/Keep Ball cuts
Standard recoil spring guide-not full length

·
Super Moderator
14,634 Posts
The above pic was taken after a day in the dog towns. It's only dirt mixed with Prairie Dog s#*t and it washes off with beer.
I like the way you think! BTW, beer does a fair job on black powder fouling as well.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
My Wilson ulc govt model in 45acp is one of two 1911’s in my rotation. The other is a non wilson cco. The ulc is a fantastic carry gun for which i use many different quality leather holsters both owb and iwb. My ulc is also an extremely accurate gun with the accuracy guarantee

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,634 Posts
WC Ultralight Carry Commander Compact - 45ACP

Black Armor Tuff
Compact Size Aluminum Round Butt Frame
30 LPI High Cut Checkered Frontstrap
Aluminum Mainspring Housing
Concealment Bullet Proof® Beavertail Grip Safety and
Hammer
Tactical Bullet Proof® Thumb Safety
3 1⁄2# – 4 1⁄2# Crisp Trigger Pull with Long Length Pad (3
hole)
Bullet Proof® Magazine Release
Slotted Grip Screws
Countersunk Slide Stop
4.25” Carbon Steel Slide
Heavy Machine Chamfer on Bottom of Slide
Battlesight with Hackathorn Orange Ring Tritium Front
Sight
4.25” Stainless Match Grade Barrel and Bushing,
Fluted Chamber
30 LPI Slide Top Serrations
Omit Carry Cuts/Keep Ball cuts
Standard recoil spring guide-not full length
Very nice - I take it that the front sight is a Hackathorn/Ameriglo front sight that has the orange outline around the tritium capsule. They are very good front sights, I have one on my Centurion and like it a lot for night work.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts