1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one used it? I need some RNL ammo for an indoor range and that's all I can find locally. I reload FMJ so if it isn't any good I'll have to reload some lead before Thursday. I would rather just buy a few hundred rounds if I can.

·
Registered
157 Posts
It can't be too bad, the trash barrels at our club are stuffed with empty Ultramax boxes. Lead? What kind of a tinfoil backstop does the range have?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Well, Patrick, based on that reasoning, American Ammo is great stuff, since tons of it get fired at my indoor range.
(But seems like no one picks up the empty brass.)

------------------
If God didn't want us to own guns, why did He make the 1911?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ah, the difference is, the indoor range offers the ammo (a tacit endorsement). At our club everyone is free to use what they want to. I hardly see any A-merc ammo boxes or brass.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the Ultramax ammo I asked about but chickend out at the last minute and reloaded some lead. I didn't want to shoot bad in front of my freinds. As bad a shot as I am, they are even worse.
Today I take that Ultramax stuff to my gun club just to shoot it up and see how it works. I'd have to say I made a good call not taking it with me Thursday. It seems to be under powered and inconsistent. I never measure groups but I was all over the paper.
I thought I'd put up my opinion since no one else seems to have used the stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts