1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved an Uncle Mike's kydex holster for my 5" 1911. I own and use many Fobus products. It appears to be a quality product and well made. Anyone else tried these holsters yet?

good shootin', gf

·
Registered
731 Posts
The UPS man just dropped of my Uncle Mike's pocket holster for my Pony. At first blush, it looks to be well made. For the price, it seems well worth it.

I would probably go with something a bit more sturdy for a 1911, though.

Billy Ray

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Billy Ray,
I am all for sturdy holsters paired with 1911's. I only use the plastics for the games. I like my 1911 in leather when I carry.

good shootin', gf

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
It is a local mold shop that built (and continues to build) the injection molds for the Uncle Mike's holsters. I was over there the other day and saw some of the holsters for the first time. They look to me as though they edge out the Fobus a bit in terms of heavy-dutiness. I have a Fobus for the Glock and like it for its fit to the pistol and easy use, but it looks like it would be easily broken at the rivets. I think you could break the Uncle Mike's the same way but it would take more effort. Sounds like the price is in the Fobus range, so I guess we ought to be buying the Uncle Mike product....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts