1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now ordered 2 times with brownells,
The first order ever was last week, I ordered a stock thumb safety for an 80 govt' over the phone, their web site was having issues, Before I received the part, I called and ordered a colt commander guide rod and spring plug,
I got the thumb safety on thursday, and it was an extended one, I called and they were real apoligetic, I have to send the other back for reembursement, OKAY, mistakes will happen,,, Then today I got the parts in for the commander, I got TWO guide rods and no spring plug, And they are closed sat, And I am not sure, But mabey xmas eve as well, I really wanted to put this commander back to stock from the two piece guide rod it had in it when I bought it,,,,,,
Mistake TWO out of TWO,
Is this typical? Well, has anyone else had items come in wrong?
I feel as though when I get the right parts in I wont be dealing with them any longer, I Hope that this is a real oddball thing, and I dont mean to sound negative. I wish everyone a merry christmas!
I am done my shopping and will be heading out to the range sunday morning with some toys!!!!
PB

·
Super Moderator
14,938 Posts
I have not had that kind of experience with Brownell's. Maybe they had to put on some part-time help for Christmas?

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I've ordered 2 or 3 times from Brownells and have had nothing but excellent service.

·
Registered
541 Posts
They've always gotten my orders out fast and without error. I'd say it's just a fluke. They will make it right, although sometimes that's difficult to accept when your smithing is delayed. It's never fun to wait on parts to be reshipped.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I hate Brownells.

Everytime I try order one I find ten thing I can't live without. They have things I can't find anywhere else and stuff I never knew existed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have probably placed over 50 orders with them over the last 5 years. I have never had a problem with them. Note that all my orders have been placed on the internet so I can also check them before making the final approval.

Give them a chance to fix the problem.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I`ve been ordering from them every week for the last ten years and I have only good things to say about them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I never had any problems with them except that last week I tried e-mailing them about my new order and it was giving me an error on their web site.I just crossed my fingers that week for them to process it and thank god they did.I should get my stuff sometime this week.Good thing about that company is that they pretty much have all the things that you need but sometimes the prices are not as low as the other companies out there and quick delivery too not like the old days....Just have faith in them they are one of the best in the business.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I've ordered heavily from Brownell's for over 30 years.
The number of mistakes made I could count on the fingers of one hand.

That's out of literally thousands of orders over the years.
Brownell's is one of the best run companies of any type in the world.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I know what you mean

Cyborg said:
I hate Brownells.

Everytime I try order one I find ten thing I can't live without. They have things I can't find anywhere else and stuff I never knew existed.
I feel the same way.
I will even go back and order something else after I have closed the first order. They manage to get my act together though. Both orders come in the same package to save me shipping.
I can't stand a company that looks out for their customers.

·
Registered
447 Posts
hobbyshooter said:
Brownells is the best mail order company I have ever dealt with.
And they recently acquired Sinclair International.....another of the very best mail order companies for precision rifle shooters. A marriage made in heaven. Both companies have served me well over the years. My orders arrive quickly and correct....every time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
:rock: Brownells................the right parts.........on time.................every time:rock:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Their website was having some problems a couple of weeks ago, but that can happen and I agree that they do a terrific job generally.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts