1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I requested the board moderator look at this before posting to confirm it does not violate baord "gun for sale" rules. The reply was OK to post.

I have my father in laws US&S 1911 A1 mounted on a wall plaque along with his WWII photo and purple heart. This is not for sale. The gun is 100% original as issued to him new. It shows signs of use in the field, has a hairline crack in the right grip, some holster wear and slide cycling. I am curious about the value and rarity of a 100% original US&S.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
There were 55,000 made during WWII. That's the second lowest production supplier for the M1911A1 during that war. But, it's a whole more than the 500 Singers that are the rarest. I see US&S pistols fetching anywhere from $2000 to $2800 on the auctions.

How about sharing the part or all of the serial number?

If you do decide to sell it, you can post it on CSP's classified board for free or one of the auctions.

Here's on Gunbroker you can get an idea.

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=13254796

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The S/n is 104xxxx. It was about the 6200 gun made. Gun is home and I am not there so I cannot tell the actual number. Gun is in better shape than the for sale one on the web page refered to. It is early enough that there is no P on the slide, but late enough for the reinforcing rings around the grip screw holes. Machining is finer than one shown, but still obviously a high spSed production model. It has a High standard barrel and has the proof P on the barrel oppisite the HS stamp. Bore is not pited and RCD's acceptance stamp is there.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
What mod told you that? Since I am the mod for the USGI section that would be me and I havent seen such a request for that :confused:

Advertising on the forum is not allowed, but this looks like a value check so this is cool. I agree with Art on the value.

Cheers,
Ty

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ty:

I originally contacted someone under wemaster or something like that via email first to see if the post was OK. I received the response that it was OK to post as it was not a gun for sale, but the person advised me to include a statement that I checked first. I then posted it, but obviously under the incorrect heading as it was moved. I can dig up the email of whom I contacted if you really need it, but it was one of the forum moderators.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hi Vray, no concerns. Just wanted to make sure I didnt miss something, ya know like my mind :D. If you did the email to web master then Jason got it.

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers,
Ty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts