1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Whoops. If you've got a gun that's missing that, it should be obvious. You had better put that back in there.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
17,463 Posts
Looks like a 1911 firing pin stop to me.
Just look at a few of the videos on the Wilson Youtube channel, their gunsmiths are much more practiced and talented than me. Besides, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Reactions: 2LEngineer

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The odd thing about not detecting it after reassembly was that the pin stayed in place after racking the slide several times. The gun is brand new. Putting it back together was a pain because the pin/spring would not easily slide in and then trying to slide the stop in was tough to juggle. Like trying to put a square peg in a circle. 😂. Thanks again all for holding my hand teehee

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Fixed it! Woohoo! Why the hell did they make this one square and not rounded. Dan Wesson Bruin.
It is probably squared instead of rounded to help slow down the slide while forcing the hammer to the cocked position. For either timing and or hot 10mm rounds.

Reactions: Benchmark

·
Premium Member
3,135 Posts
If the firing pin and its spring did not fall out, remove the firing pin stop that you just put in the gun. Push the firing pin and its spring out then clean them and the tunnel. If the pin does not slide freely out of the gun it might be bent. Caution.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The odd thing about not detecting it after reassembly was that the pin stayed in place after racking the slide several times. The gun is brand new. Putting it back together was a pain because the pin/spring would not easily slide in and then trying to slide the stop in was tough to juggle. Like trying to put a square peg in a circle. 😂. Thanks again all for holding my hand teehee
That is how I fit my firing pin stops. So I have to use a tool to install and remove,I don't like them loose enough to slide in and out with gravity, if they do I would fit a small radius stop from EGW and hand fit it.

·
Premium Member
Every firearm I own, I built myself.
2,214 Posts
Fixed it! Woohoo! Why the hell did they make this one square and not rounded. Dan Wesson Bruin.
This is done for rear sight clearance. Some rear sights, i.e. Bomar BMCS, Some Novak Lo-mount, some LPA, Eliason, etc, intrude into the firing pin stop and need extra clearance, so the top of the firing pin stop is cut off.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts