1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had just picked up the stainless defender(would you have"Defender" post) and I have been looking for a set of night sights, Thinking about having a set of trijicon sights installed, They said that they didnt make them for the defender, and I would have to send in my slide to be drilled and the tubes installed, , , , Today I noticed that my Defender is a bit different form the ones I can find on Gun Broker, See pic

It seems odd to me, This defender was basically unfired to my eye, and if it was, I would think no more than a couple of rounds.
There are no markings on the rear sight as near as I can tell,
I had the gun at the range, and the sights are right on!
What are they, and can you tell me about the slide machining? You know, the angle machined, Mabey I can just order sights.?
Or did the defender just come with different sights depending when they were made?
I am a bit confused!:confused:
Peter.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have trijcons on my defender

had my smith install them.........10 min job when they came in...nice sight too
something like 90 bucks for the complete job including new sights...Oh yea no machine work either.......ron

·
Registered
867 Posts
I think that Trijicon has a set for the XS Commander, maybe the CA-23's. The sights may not be the right height to work with the Defender though. XS may also make a sight that will work.

My CCO has the same sight cut, but has a Heinie rear sight. The front sight cut is proprietary too.

Good shopping!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Both of my Defenders are the early style with the same sights as yours:

Noah

1 - 7 of 7 Posts