1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I shall soon have an income once again I am planning on buying a thousand or so .452 LRN 230 or 200 grain. I also need 180 gr bullets for my .30-06. I haven't worked up a load for my .30-06 so I'm just shooting Rem Core-lokt which my rifle seems to like until I can get some range time. Where is a good place to order some cast bullets for my .45? Last time I ordered I got 1000 200 gr SWC from oregon trail. I might consider trying plated bullets but I think I'd prefer to stick with lead and just use a RN instead of SWC since they gave me a few feeding problems. I've got cases and powder and I'll pick up the primers locally. I probably won't order more than 1000 of each bullet but that might increase for the .45 if the deal is good enough and I can afford it.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Good luck finding a "deal" on lead bullets. The price has skyrocketed in the last couple months. I like the Oregon Trails Laser Cast bullet, and have just ordered another 5K from Cabela's. That order will put me at 10K in stock. I was lucky enough to get them for $51/K not the $92/K they are now getting. There are cheaper bullet makers out there, but you take your chances. Since you only want 1K, you are in a better position than me.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
You will have to look long and hard to beat Stonewall's prices. I use his 260 gr. LSWC in my ACP ammo and am having great succuss. He is a pleasure to do business with.
Are they a clean looking bullet without any bits of lube clinging to the bullet?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Robert puts Alox on the exterior, if that matters, so the bullets are a little sticky. But I don't have any chunks of lube rattling the bottom of the box, if that's what you're concerned about.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Robert puts Alox on the exterior, if that matters, so the bullets are a little sticky. But I don't have any chunks of lube rattling the bottom of the box, if that's what you're concerned about.
Yes, that does matter. When I place a bullet on the case I want to be able to let go without the bullet sticking to my finger. That would interrupt my usual reloading pace. I like a dry bullet without bits of lube stuck here and there.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
www.keadbullets.com

I've used these in the past and they were pretty good. He's a retired deputy (3rd largest in the US) and a lot of his local customers shoot Glocks. No reported probs with lead or KB's. Tracy

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
If he's got them ready, he'll ship right away. But he is busy and does them in "batches". I haven't bought from him in 3-4 yrs. I get mine now from Valiant Bullets. They don't ship or take credit cards--------I pick mine up at the local gunshow (here this weekend ;) I'm going tomorrow). 256-748-3333 Call them next wek and see if they come anywhere near you. Best prices anywhere. Tracy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts