1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You will recall that I was experiencing problems with the firing pin not striking the primer on multiple cartrides with a LDA Para that I was carrying and evaluating for use by my department. Well, I sent it to Para Ordnance for warranty repair and was told they couldn't fix the problem so they were replacing the whole lower receiver with a different receiver and a different serial number. They felt that the problem was in the double action mechanism. I just got the gun back about two hours ago and what a horrible surprise. The gun now takes two hands to fire. One to depress the grip safety and the other to pull the trigger. And, once the grip safety is depressed it will not return. Try to shoot the gun with just one hand and it takes so much pressure to pull the trigger that you cannot hit a target 15 feet away. That is if you can press the grip safety hard enough with the one hand so that it allow you to pull the trigger. Obviously, the gun is now more useless than it was when I sent it in for repair. Now here's the rub. I thought the warranty on the gun was a repair or replacement warranty. However, the para ordnance representative informed me that the company never replaced a defective weapon. As I have informed the company, the reliability problems experienced with this gun and the shoddy repair service have only served to lose them a potential contract for the purchase of multiple weapons by my department. We will not now consider any para ordnance products for departmental issue.

------------------
Chief

·
Registered
853 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problems. Para's service has been great for me. I had a problem created by a plating company and Para fixed the problem and didn't charge me.

I was the first person to buy an LDA 14.45 on my particular dept. and they caught on fast. There are now 20 officers carrying LDA's and not one of us has had any problems.

I have a blued model that I have had plated and the rest of the officers purchased the new SS models. The actions are as smooth as butter and the weapons are extremely accurate.

Get back on the phone and talk to Larry. He will make it right. Of that I have no doubt.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have renewed faith in para ordnance thanks to George Wedge. George emailed me apologizing for the problems I had experenced and informed me that Para would replace my gun with a new one from the factory. Sometimes you regret the things that you say in anger and this is one of those times for me. He even offered to reimburse all costs that I had incurred in shipping the previous gun for repair. I definitely will be reconsidering the weapon for duty use and look forward to running it through it's paces.

------------------
Chief

·
Registered
562 Posts
I don't think there is a one of us out here that has not said/done something we wish we hadn't. We just regroup and carry on! Let us know how the new gun performs.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Originally posted by Chief47:
I have renewed faith in para ordnance thanks to George Wedge. George emailed me apologizing for the problems I had experenced and informed me that Para would replace my gun with a new one from the factory.
Just curious- Are the guys at Para-Ordnance you've dealt with in Canada, or in Fort Lauderdale?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts