1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case you missed Bob Serva's comment a little earlier...

servarw said:
...For the small parts we are upgrading many to STI parts, which have been proven to be a high-grade, top shelf, competition ready parts. We continually try to improve our products with better components for our customer and try to keep the costs down to where the average person can still afford them... Thanks Again…
Bob
DWF
:) :) :)
Good news for all, and yet one more request honored! Wow!

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
A Gunsmith:

That knows what he is talking about is a great asset to this board. I hope the rest of you know and appreciate it.
Remember, this is the guy that made me "see" again with a fiber optiic sight after my Cataract surgery.
Another reason to go with DW and Dpcdiver!

All the best,

Art

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey, Art,
I'm probably going to need cataract surgery within the next few years. Did you have a lot of trouble seeing a white dot front sight afterwards or was is just the no-dot front sight?

·
Registered
264 Posts
The one I've got on order has an STI trigger, thumb safety, and beavertail, Wilson slide stop and Brown MSH. Sear and hammer are CMC.

Thanks again, Bob, for working with me. :)

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
McNutt:

The white was better than the no-dot, but I had trouble with both. The fiber-optic made all the difference in the world. Good luck to you.

All the best,

Art

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
So, does this mean that the 'small parts' in my Patriot Blued Marksman are 'not that good'?

I mean, if DW is changing them out on the new models, what can I infer from this?

Perhaps I need to get a hold of Teddy Jacobson and have him do a complete replacement of the small parts in my Patriot in addition to one of his renowned action jobs.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The only failure I've had with the previous internals was a weak ejector. The parts dealer I buy from replaced it with the very same ejector that STI uses. No more problem since, so DW made a wise move.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Clim14er,
If you have had no problems with your parts, then I probably wouldn't worry about them. I do know that some pistols fitted with CMC parts have experienced a few broken mag releases, though I cannot recall any failures in sears, slide catches, hammers, etc...

FWIW, I like the STI triggers because they are lighter and result in shorter lock times, and the Wilson bombproof slide stops and Brown MSHs are there merely for added peace of mind. You do pay a premium for these components, though.

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FWIW, I believe the mag release failures were with early JMC components. Later DW products I've seen have had CMC releases (extended length, with checkered face), but don't know that I've heard/read about a failure with one of these. Anybody?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Actually, what I shared was tongue in cheek as I have had zero problems with the internals on the Patriot. In fact, it's been incredibly reliable. This pistol is a real shooter.

At some time in the future, I might send it to Teddy J. and have him do his thing with it.

I'm still a little bewildered as to why DW is discontinuing the Marksman, especially the blued Patriots. Could be because they don't want to deal with bluing, and all associated with it.

<Don't want to hijack the thread.>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts