1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently looked at a used CDP II. The asking price is $900 and comes with Crimson Trace side activated grips, the original rosewood grips and 4 magazines. There is some wear on the right hand side of the slide near the muzzle that resembles holster wear. The person selling it says he kept it between the seat of his car which might explain the wear. Over all it seems to be in good condition and I didn't notice any other inconsistancies. However, the safety was left hand side only instead of the ambi ones that come standard. I didn't ask if he did that aftermarket of if that may have came standard at the time of purchase. Any input on the price of this pistol? I figure brand new with grips and additional mags this would cost between $1350-1500. Just looking for some friendly feedback.

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
Since it has CT grips the right side safety would have had to been modified or maybe he had it removed.

$900 doesn't sound bad at all. If it's a Pro, if you don't want it, let me know. :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A light bulb

I just realized as I post this that the saftey lever was swiched for the laser grip. Don't need a ambi one anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No One...

...has any input on the price. I'm just a little concerned about the finish but I guess I could have it redone.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
I'd not pay more than $600 for a good used CDP. $700 tops.

First thing I'd do is remove the ambidextrous frame safety. Already done.

-- Chuck

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
You can by a brand new one for $100-$150 more. It won't have the CT Laser grips but it won't have the wear if that's more of an issue. If it's the slide, that could be cleaned up for <$100.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts