1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to buy a used C.D. 1911 for 389.00, the compact with a bull barrel. I have heard all the horror stories, my question is. Do I get new springs, mags, extractor, and firing pin before I even get the gun home???

thanks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
If you are going to buy it, Just run it as it is, Mine has been fine from used!,
If you go and replace all that, it may misfire, It may be just fine as it is,
PB

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Pred 66. I think I will do just that. It's just all the "unhappy" ones out there get you worried sometimes. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I am about to buy a used C.D. 1911 for 389.00, the compact with a bull barrel. I have heard all the horror stories, my question is. Do I get new springs, mags, extractor, and firing pin before I even get the gun home???

thanks.

shogun,

I totally agree with the other posting. Run it as is (cleaned, lubed) and take any issues one at a time. I believe bad issues regarding CD's are now in the past and we can start seeing the quality curve go up steeper.

IF you must change anything then maybe the only items that might need changing are the extractor and the spring. Never has any of my firng pins broke. For therice of $389 it's a bargain and it'll keep you happy and safe for a long time.

rimfire,22

·
Registered
60 Posts
I saw one the other day that I was thinking of getting. Remember used guns works just as well as new ones. Even better in some cases!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all who have replied thus far. I am truly excited and impatiently waiting to get it home!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,803 Posts
dude, spend that exact same amount of money on a brand new RIA 1911. Brand new. or pony up about $50 more for a brand new Springfield GI. I wouldn't buy a new CD for almost $400 let alone a used one with an unknown history. seriously...not nearly the gun of the others mentioned in that price range and that's even if it were new.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Arn't the Daly:confused:s and the RIAs both made by Armscore?

Fatdaddy,

According to what I've read from other postings they are BUT quality finishing is much better with the Armscore name. Mine as an example is finsihed very nicely like it cam from Colt! My other RIA is too finished nicely but not comparable. My CD 45 needs to be finished more better than the two.

rimfire,22

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fatdaddy,

According to what I've read from other postings they are BUT quality finishing is much better with the Armscore name. Mine as an example is finsihed very nicely like it cam from Colt! My other RIA is too finished nicely but not comparable. My CD 45 needs to be finished more better than the two.

rimfire,22
I am not sure where you guys are from, in my area trying to get a compact RIA or Armscor is like trying to pull teeth. Hell, if I wanted a full size frame I would get the Springer..... but around here it is supply and demand. I would love to have a straight up armscor tactical compact, but.......... nobody here seems to be able to track one down.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I am not sure where you guys are from, in my area trying to get a compact RIA or Armscor is like trying to pull teeth. Hell, if I wanted a full size frame I would get the Springer..... but around here it is supply and demand. I would love to have a straight up armscor tactical compact, but.......... nobody here seems to be able to track one down.
Ditto! The closest I've gotten to one around here(NW Alabama) is this forum.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I bought it!!!

I finally bought the C.D. I originally wrote about. I got to throw a few rounds through it tonight. I did not have any malfunctions... I have installed a hogue wrap around grip. I found a smithy that will sell me trijicon night sights and install them for $110.00. Beside that I don't think I want to do any thing else to this one. I truly think it is a sweet pistol....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts