1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

New to the forum, DW, and to the 1911 platform except for an old SA Mil-Spec I had years ago. Hoping you guys can help me out since a couple of you seem to know a thing or two about DW's :biglaugh:

I found a used Pointman 7 in a local shop for $899. Looks to be very lightly used if ever. Exterior is perfect, interior clean, and she's super tight. Serial is 73XXCZ or close to it, and the barrel says "MATCH" above the 45ACP.

They have it listed at $899. Does that seem about right, maybe a little high?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Like clyde says seems a bit high but if you want it and it is in excellent shape go for it.You wont be sorry thats for sure

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
I think you can pick up a new 2009 model for the mid $900's.

I don't know about the PM-7's specifically, but the 2009's in general seem to be improved over previous years models, so I would tend to go for the newer model for slightly more money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may be able to talk them down a little bit, worth a shot anyways. What would a "normal" price be?

Honestly I wasn't really shopping that hard for anything, just poking around. Was originally looking for a SA Loaded, and didn't know anything serious about DW until last night :eek: But from what I have read and after holding it I am really interested.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
$700 to 750 would be about right to me.

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
May I suggest you hold off on that one and do some more research. There are several DW models and you may find one you like even better. They can be hard to find, but not all that hard if one is motivated enough.

Check out the RZ-45 Heritage, the CBOB, the Valor, and the CCO (also the PM-9 if you are into 9mm). I think those are the major food groups. From there you can get into variations within a theme and really zero in on what floats your boat!

Of course, you can't own just one DW so even if you do get it - no big deal as it'll happen sooner or later anyway... :biglaugh:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like it's going to be too high to talk down to a reasonable rate and will probably pass. Maybe if it sits there for a while they will want to deal.

Rimcrew especially, thanks for the sound advice. It was so good looking and all the talk of them being kind of rare (plus the thrill of the hunt) had me all hot and bothered and probably not in the best decision making frame of mind haha.

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
When you decide on the model, there are a couple of guys here who can hook you up!

Take your time, make an informed decision, then PULL THE TRIGGER!! :D

BTW - if you happen to be in AZ, I would be glad to 'introduce' you to a few of the models...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts