1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a used Sig 1911 TacOps rail gun. How do you tell when it was made. I did not get paper work. Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
They haven't had the date code on them for years right?

Haha, i want too at least shoot it first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
920 Posts
I own the predecessor to the Tacops (Blackhawk) and now have the traditional Tacops with the round slide. I have never had a failure with either and shoot them weekly. Lately the Blackhawk has been retired.

I carry the traditional as a duty weapon so it gets lots of use. I believe it is the best value for your dollar in a 1911 today and hope your experience is as good as mine has been.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I still haven't shot mine. Maybe tomorrow.
Picked up a LNIB P220c carry today. Need to shoot it as well.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Your TacOps looks to be about the same time frame as mine when I got BNIB on Feb 19, 2013 and the pistol was build in Sept 2012. The fire control parts (Hammer, Sear, and Disconnector) are Cylinder and Slide and not MIM parts. The TacOps is virtually an exact replica of the Blackwater 1911 that Sig created with the help of such people like Travis Haley. The internals were Top of the Line as well as the fitting of the Barrel to Slide and Slide to Frame. The current production models are MIM.

I use my TacOps as my Winter Carry and when I am going to be somewhere I need to great knock down powers. The TacOps is an AWESOME 1911 that has everything you would ever need when the SHTF.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mine was produced in 2013. Still haven't shot my 220c I just bought. I may carry it. It's the same size as my 239. Just a little wider.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I got a TacOps a few months ago, and have had it to the range twice before bad weather set in. It is feature rich with the front strap checkering, rail, and multiple mags (4) included. The pistol has been completely reliable and very accurate. You will love it, especially since you got grips that you like. Enjoy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts