1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI - I spotted a Colt WWII repro at a gunshow today. Looked very nice, asking price was $599. But I was on the prowl for a XSE Stainless and I let it go. Was tempting though.

Did see one new XSE for $749 plus tax. Passed on it also, thinking it will be there next month if I want it. I think the XSE is the Colt I want.

Jim

·
Administrator
73,375 Posts
$599 was an excellent price for that repro. Had they retailed for that when new Colt would've sold a lot more of 'em.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dsk, I thought it was a very good price also. I had $$ in my pocket and it took a lot of discipline to stay on target for that XSE.

Being 28-year Army vet (an MP at that) it was especially tempting because I use to carry the 1911A1 for duty. But I obtained a Remington Rand two years ago which sorta scratched that itch -- but it ain't a Colt!

Jim

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I sure hope that wasn't in Roanoke this weekend at the show I DIDN"T go to.

I'd have been on that like a chicken on a junebug!

Any idea who the dealer was? I'll go take a look. (At least call about it)

:)

·
Administrator
73,375 Posts
Also look at it this way. The Remington Rand may not be a Colt, but it's still the real deal.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wolfgang,

No it wasn't Roanoke, it was Dale City. Didn't get the name of the dealer - sorry just wasn't paying attention. The show stops by once a month, if by chance I see it again (slim possibility I suppose) I'll get the information for you.

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts