1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
13,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
US FireArms

I put this off for some time . I finally ordered a Rodeo model in October for myself . I wasn't looking for a show piece , just a solid shooter . No longer listed in calibers other than 45 Colt or 38 Spl , I requested a 44 Spl 5.5" . They aggreed to make one up special :)
It arrived earlier this month . We sell these , but I've never taken a really close look . The fitting on these is spectacular . It locks up with authority . Weather here hasn't cooperated so I can't report on how she shoots . I have a feeling though ;)

Anyone considering a quality upper end SAA , the USFA is definately one to consider :cool:

·
Banned
565 Posts
Thats cool. I had no idea they could be cajoled into making up the Rodeo in any caliber other than the .45 or .38, but I'd be darn tempted by such a thing.
I agree on the fitting. I have three Colt SAAs, two from around 1980, one recent production. The USFA is the equal of any of them as best I can tell from just looking.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
After buying a .44 Special Colt NIB for $1200, I decided not to shoot it because of the increasing value. So, I found a NIB Rodeo in .44 Special. Then, I got a deal on a .45. Then a seldom seen .38-40 WCF. Now, these are my favorite standard loaded SAs. Great quality. I only wish they continued to make the old BP calibers as I would love to add a .44-40.

·
Administrator
13,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chesster said:
I only wish they continued to make the old BP calibers as I would love to add a .44-40.
Give them a call . They might surprise you and say "yes" . :cool:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Post up some pics, USFA makes beautiful guns. I wanted one for a long time, but couldn't justify it.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine! Here it is, a few years old now, and in .45 Colt

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm very happy with mine. It's built BETTER than my 3rd gen Colt SAA.

4 3/4" .45 Colt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts