1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the owner of a USMC Rollmarked M45A1 Custom Shop Gun. I know these are pretty collectible to people who want them and I just hate having things in my safe I do not use. I am curious as to what people think is a reasonable price for a piece like this. I went to GUNS.COM and they offered me $3200 which to me seems low. I saw one on GUNBROKER for $10,000 and that seems outragous. This gun has been fired a few times but is kept clean and in its case. What is a reasonable price to start this gun on an auction for?

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Administrator
78,749 Posts
Off-roster handguns can be procured via private sale. That's why it's so expensive as it's rare to find something like this in California. I'd start the bidding at $4000 and let the auction run a couple of weeks. It'll go up from there, but how far is anyone's guess.

If you're really feeling brave start the auction at a penny like many Gunbroker sellers do, and watch the feeding frenzy.

Reactions: joe 45 and sechott

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Off-roster handguns can be procured via private sale. That's why it's so expensive as it's rare to find something like this in California. I'd start the bidding at $4000 and let the auction run a couple of weeks. It'll go up from there, but how far is anyone's guess.

If you're really feeling brave start the auction at a penny like many Gunbroker sellers do, and watch the feeding frenzy.
So even if I am in AZ and my buddy is in CA I can sell to him via private sale?

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
No, you both need to be in California on a face to face transaction at an FFL.
To qualify, both need to be California residents. That’s how I understand it.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
There used to be the single shot exemption (SSE) to convert off-roster 1911, and bring in to Cali as single shot pistol. Once transfer completed, the Cali owner can do whatever he/she want to put back factory parts. Lots of pistols brought to the State that way, in addition to LEO exemption. The SSE rule were put to a stop when CA politicians become aware of these.

Nowadays, only factory built Single Shot Pistol can be exempt from roster.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts