1911Forum banner

USPSA match video, got to shoot a polish plate rack

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Aristotle13 
#1 ·
I knew this club had a Polish Plate rack, and was happy to see it being used at this match. This wasn't too much of a technical match. I was really trying to work on trigger control and other fundamentals. But maybe someone can see more than I see now. I felt really stiff, probably because I haven't shot in 3 weeks, but also because it was 25* out. I wasn't going to shoot this match, but thought of Area 4 and how I should get some time in, in wether less than Ideal so i know what I'm dealing with and my "tendecies" in "cold weather". The extra layers definitely hamper my footwork.

I also got to shoot a polish plate rack, ton of fun! But it can be pretty evil. cheers.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XI-J-gh6fY

#4 ·
yes, that's it. I got a pretty good run on it, but if you don't time it rite, that thing is harder to hit than a Texas star, that's for sure.

It uses "donut" weights on each end that sits on a "peg", once the platerack tips to one side, the weight falls off and then the other donut weight falls off it gives it so much momentum that the plate rack starts to spin and you have 8 steel plates spinning. the difficulty is, unlike the Texas star, where you can simply find a single spot and shoot all of the plates as they come around, the plates have separate orbits, and spins faster.

There is a little trick I was told that helped out with sequence, which is, shoot the top plate 2, 3, 4 then 1. then finish the bottom row in the same fashion.

#7 ·
Oh, they're a blast. It takes a little getting used to setting it up, but like anything else I'm sure it'll get easier. I should have gotten footage of it when it really got moving. You can definitely get in trouble real quick. :confused:

#8 ·
I know the inventor/manufacturer of the Polish Plate Rack. He also makes many other evil steel contraptions that make you pull your hair out. I have shot many stages over the last year that included the Polish Plate Rack and there is a secret to shooting it. DON'T MISS

I do not have any business affiliation with the inventor/manufacturer of the Polish Plate Rack (but he is a great guy and fun to shoot with).

If you want contact information, PM me and I will hook you up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.