1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have kept tabs on the USS pistols and those "in the know" on the forum, and I checked my pistol the other day during it's "checkup", and the grips don't seem to be "correct" for a USS. Otherwise it seems correct, and is without the cartouche showing a arsenal rebuild. Are the "correct" grips always found on these pistols?

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
No pistol is immune from having parts changed out for one reason or the other. Some have the original parts changed to non-original parts in misguided attempts to make them correct while others may just be changed out at the owners whims.
You did not mention what type of grips were on your pistol, which would be useful information in determining if your pistol is correct. Not all military rebuilds were marked as such. The type of finish on your pistol would go a long way in determining if it is correct.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No pistol is immune from having parts changed out for one reason or the other. Some have the original parts changed to non-original parts in misguided attempts to make them correct while others may just be changed out at the owners whims.
You did not mention what type of grips were on your pistol, which would be useful information in determining if your pistol is correct. Not all military rebuilds were marked as such. The type of finish on your pistol would go a long way in determining if it is correct.
I'll post a pic this afternoon, thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts