1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I indicated I would post pictures of my USS with the grips removed as I am not sure what is correct. The weapon has no arsenal rebuild cartouche and appears to be correct and in good shape. I bought it in 1976 and have kept it boxed since then. Hopefully Mr. Peppers will be able to tell if the grips are correct.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, maybe i should try to post the pic of the other side.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I see both types of Keyes grips on US&S pistols. I prefer the no ring around the grip screw type Keyes, as they seem more common on the US&S and more logical to the time. This is especially true on the lower serial numbered guns. The others are probably OK, but they are about a $25 issue if you have to change things to make it look "correct". I may buy a set of the "correct" grips to hedge my bet but not change them. I leave them all alone for the most part.

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
I agree... the earlier Keyes, non-ring, are typically what you see on most US & S's. From what I see at the shows, they are about double the entry level price of a set of regular production Keyes WWII grips. There was a very tidy set at Louisville in Dec. for $55.-

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Nice looking pistol by the way. I can not see all the things we need to see to make sure it is all correct, but it sure looks like a keeper.

·
Administrator
73,795 Posts
What is the serial number of your pistol? I used to have #108XXXX, and it had type 2 Keyes grips (with the rings) on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts