1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a V10 Ultraa COmpact. If everything works out, I plan on using it for one of my carry guns.

I am impressed with the fit and finish. The action seems rough, but hopefully will smooth out when I put some rounds through it.

The trigger pull is king of tough, I would say about 6 to 7 pounds. I will get this corrected after breakin.

I will be going to the range today to shoot it for the 1st time and will give a report back.

What is the idea of the raised dimple in the follower on the magazines?

Why are the mags not drop free?

I was thinking of ordering the mags on the loaded coupon, but have concerns about the dimple and the non drop free turned me off.

I am also planning on putting night site on the gun. Would you do this with a ported gun?

Thanks for any responces.

------------------
Jerk

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've got the same gun. My action has smoothed out a bit and my trigger is a little heavier than my Kimber, but it has gotten better as well. Actually, I wanted my carry trigger a little heavier so it was fine with me.

My trigger is loose though,,,almost to the point of rattling side to side even when in battery. Everything else about the trigger is OK though.

With the issue of the magazines, we must have gotten different mags, mine do not have the dimple. Sorry, can't offer any thoughts there, but I did order some of the mags from the loaded coupons.

Honestly, when I first saw them, I thought there were just going to be junk. They look pretty cheaply made, but I have had any mag related failures with them yet and I've put probably upwards of 700 rounds through the gun and those mags haven't been a problem yet.

The only real problem I had was my rear sight.

First shot ever with the gun at 7 yds dead on,,,second shot 2 inchs left,,,,third shot two more inches left,,,,fourth shot off the target and rear sight on the floor.
A little medium Locktight fixed that problem.

Overall, I'm pleased with the gun, and it fits nicely in my Uncle Mike's gun runner fanny pack.

My local range is an indoor facility,,,,The little V10 Ultra Compact usually gets its fair share of attention......since its ported, its loud, and since the lighted is a little sub-dued,,,it puts on a nice light show.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tokk it to the range today and put 240 rounds through the gu. 200 megtech 230 grain FMJ and 40 Winchester 185 JHP Silvertips. The 230 FMJ hit point of sight in 3 inch group from 10 yards off hand. The silvertip**** 3 inches off at 10 o:clock in 3 inch group. I normally shoot 2 to 2.5 inch group with my full size at the same distance.

3 failure to eject in 1st 25 rounds and none after that. No failure to feed.

I am impreesed with this small pistol. this is 1st time I have shot a 3 inch barrell or a ported pistol.

------------------
Jerk

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem!

·
Registered
1 Posts
V10 ultra sa

I USED TO HAVE A PAIR OF THESE AND I KICK MYSELF FOR SELLING THEM. THE DIMPLE IN MAG AIDS IN POSITIONING ROUND FOR CYCLING. IF YOU USE A FULLSIZE MAG YOU WILL HAVE FEEDING PROBLEMS BECAUSE OF NO DIMPLE. I AM CURRENTLY TRYING TO WIN ONE ON GUNBROKER. WISH ME LUCK!:rock:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have both the single stack and an older double stack.

On my single I've had no problems since the first shot. It's accurate (especially for a short-barrel) and trigger pull has been crisp. Mine's set around 4.5lbs.

I decided not to carry either of them after practicing a CQB drill shooting from holster-draw (essentially a draw, fire from the hip, Oh Sxxx! drill) and didn't appreciate the muzzle flash from the porting. I have other choices for carry weapons, so these are finding a new home.

I could deal with a single flash in a SD situation, but repeated ones could cause blindness, burns, and undesired distraction.

prt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts