1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...ip-to-gop-in-response-to-northam-gun-control/

The city councils in Staunton and Waynesboro, Virginia, flipped from Democrat to Republican on Tuesday, as voters rejected Gov. Ralph Northam’s (D) gun control agenda.

Bearing Arms reported: “With little fanfare and almost no national attention, Virginians headed to the polls in local elections on Tuesday, and there was a stunning upset in one city that’s been dominated by Democrats in recent elections. Control of the Staunton City Council flipped from blue to red after a surge in turnout among Republican voters.”

The Augusta Free Press reported the flip “from blue to red” was due to Northam’s gun control efforts. They noted:

The tailwind for the Rs, dating back to the winter, was the tumult locally over gun-control legislation being advanced in the General Assembly by Democrats, who had run on gun control as a key issue in the 2019 legislative races that gave them control of the House of Delegates for the first time in more than two decades.

The city council of Waynesboro, Virginia, flipped from Democrats to Republicans on Tuesday as well. The reasons for that are the same as those witnessed in Staunton.

The pushback against gun control birthed “conservatives a working majority” in the Waynesboro city council after Tuesday night.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Well done, VA! Keep that train rolling, till the State is back in proper hands! And then on to Congress!

·
Registered
23,127 Posts
Racist Ralphie is out next year.

I think that we have a pretty good chance of taking back the governors office at that time also.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I think that we have a pretty good chance of taking back the governors office at that time also.
I sure hope so. Otherwise I might have to consider packing up and hauling to the Carolinas or Georgia a little early.

·
Super Moderator
14,324 Posts
I'm very happy to see this kind of shift, very well done folks of Virginia!

·
Registered
23,127 Posts
You do your part.

I sure hope so. Otherwise I might have to consider packing up and hauling to the Carolinas or Georgia a little early.
And we will get it done. That whole bugging out thing is only going to work for so long.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
It does my heart proud to see the pushback by the good citizens & vote those anti-American libs out of office.

Too bad they can't be prosecuted for defying their oaths of office. That would be icing on the cake.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
And we will get it done. That whole bugging out thing is only going to work for so long.
I've never been a fan of the concept of bugging out. I think half the reason California is so screwed is people that have foresight and a modicum of common sense abandoning ship. There's hardly anyone left to fight back against the idiocracy within the state, and it's grown to the point it's starting to infect outlying states. Kinda like what's leeching out of DC and into Northern Virginia and Maryland.

That said, I've always wanted to be further south with longer summers and milder (maybe even non-existent) winters. I don't want to see the place that's been my home for 30+ years turn into another California or New Jersey. But I also don't want to be stuck here another 10, 20, 30 years just to try and keep it from turning blue either.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
The real problem will be digging those Dems out of the state legislature though. The Dems tend to entrench themselves in really well when they get into power.

·
Registered
23,127 Posts
There are lots of us, long time citizens of the commonwealth.

I've never been a fan of the concept of bugging out. I think half the reason California is so screwed is people that have foresight and a modicum of common sense abandoning ship. There's hardly anyone left to fight back against the idiocracy within the state, and it's grown to the point it's starting to infect outlying states. Kinda like what's leeching out of DC and into Northern Virginia and Maryland.

That said, I've always wanted to be further south with longer summers and milder (maybe even non-existent) winters. I don't want to see the place that's been my home for 30+ years turn into another California or New Jersey. But I also don't want to be stuck here another 10, 20, 30 years just to try and keep it from turning blue either.
That have no interest in being displaced by these communist infiltrators. We have chosen to stay and fight them. Ultimately we will prevail over them, one way or another. We are on the side of righteousness. And we are making progress in this direction. Bug out if you care to do so. But most of us are standing fast. We are stronger than they will ever be. See what happens going forward. And good luck with bugging out to a warmer state. You will likely not be missed

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Something tells me we're talking past one another, but you are correct. 8.52 million people minus one lowly wrench monkey is still 8.52 million people. I'd be legitimately surprised if anyone other than Elaine Luria or Tim Warner's staffers would know any different, and they're likely tired of ignoring my emails by now anyway.

·
Administrator
72,377 Posts
I can't get over how the lamestream news media keeps reporting that Trump's poll numbers are dropping like a rock. Someone needs to explain to me how the man trying to get the country going again and the economy re-opened could be losing to a party that insists that everyone remain out of work and locked up indoors.

·
Administrator
18,589 Posts
I can't get over how the lamestream news media keeps reporting that Trump's poll numbers are dropping like a rock. Someone needs to explain to me how the man trying to get the country going again and the economy re-opened could be losing to a party that insists that everyone remain out of work and locked up indoors.
It's simple. They are lying. It's what they do best.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I’m sure whatever Democrats run against Trump, approximately half the country will vote for them. Don’t wait for them to take your rights and tax you to death. All Patriots must get out and vote, even if you don’t agree with everything the Republican candidate represents. If they’re a RINO, vote ’em out in the primary.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts