1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are only a few Valkyries on the forum so far but have any of you owners replaced your grips?

I ask because I am looking to get a pair for one of my CCO's. I figured I would take them off someone's hands that had no use for them before I reach out to Keith. I did post a WTB in the normal section but figured as these are only avail from the Valkyrie that this would be a more appropriate place to ask, or at least will get more views by the right crowd. ;)

I truly would like these in Heyna Brown or Worple but VZ won't make them in compact for us regular folk. So the grey/black from the Valkyrie will have to do.

Shoot me a PM if you can help me help you clear some space in your spare parts bin.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I know there are only a few Valkyries on the forum so far but have any of you owners replaced your grips?

I ask because I am looking to get a pair for one of my CCO's. I figured I would take them off someone's hands that had no use for them before I reach out to Keith. I did post a WTB in the normal section but figured as these are only avail from the Valkyrie that this would be a more appropriate place to ask, or at least will get more views by the right crowd. ;)

I truly would like these in Heyna Brown or Worple but VZ won't make them in compact for us regular folk. So the grey/black from the Valkyrie will have to do.

Shoot me a PM if you can help me help you clear some space in your spare parts bin.
I took mine off and would hook you up but I have to keep the originals since this particular Valkyrie is special.

Kind of sucks that VZ won't make grips to order that you know their CNC machines are programmed to make. Makes no sense unless maybe VZ has an agreement with DW NOT to make them.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took mine off and would hook you up but I have to keep the originals since this particular Valkyrie is special.

Kind of sucks that VZ won't make grips to order that you know their CNC machines are programmed to make. Makes no sense unless maybe VZ has an agreement with DW NOT to make them.

VZ stated that they won't do it because :
we do not offer the Walkure grips in a Compact as they are a limited Artist's series design and a Compact size would change the front design as it would cut it off
If you look at their pics and your grips you can see where this has been done and what was lost in the design. I do understand what they are saying. Doesn't bother me though but obviously they have to adhere to the artist's wishes.

I also inquired about if they will do custom slim versions of any of their grips that they normally do not offer in slims. They said no to that as well. Which sucks cause they have a few offerings that I like certain features of and would want to combine into a set of grips.

Oh well that is where Ron (RMHKnives) can step in and collect my money. :)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I hear you.

When companies get to the point where they stop listening to their customers it is the beginning of the end for them.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear you.

When companies get to the point where they stop listening to their customers it is the beginning of the end for them.
I don't think VZ is going anywhere. They make lots of good grip options.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I don't think VZ is going anywhere. They make lots of good grip options.

I was enamored with them a few years back. The options for officer/compact sized receivers is extremely limited. Try finding a mag cut slim-line.

I've done a lot of searching since and found a few other decent grip makers. Derwood has some nice offerings in many configurations.

·
Registered
334 Posts
To the OP - check out RMHKnives.com, or check out his Sticky in the parts & accessories sub forum. He does fantastic work, is super easy to deal with and develop your custom grips just to your liking, and I think he works in G10/Micarta. You will get just what you want.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you don't have any luck buying from another member here give DW Parts a call and order a pair from them. I was able to get an extra set for my ECO about a month ago.

·
Registered
44 Posts
To the OP - check out RMHKnives.com, or check out his Sticky in the parts & accessories sub forum. He does fantastic work, is super easy to deal with and develop your custom grips just to your liking, and I think he works in G10/Micarta. You will get just what you want.
+1 Top shelf quality and easy to work with.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys thank you for the input but please reread that things I have posted.

I am not looking for who can build me grips. I have 4 pairs of grips from Ron AKA RMHKnives. Notice that in a previous post I mentioned him?

As stated in the OP, before just buying from DW I am checking to see if someone has replaced theirs and does not want to keep them laying around. I know I have multiple sets of grips that just sit in a box.

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I'll probably replace mine shortly but want to hang onto the originals. I think they look great and I can change grips occasionally just to have something different.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts