1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have been at the range 2x with my valor. what a weapon! fit, finish and shooting capability is fantastic. the only issue i had was the grips coming loose, so i took advice from an earlier thread and bought/installed some tiny orings--problem solved.

the trigger letoff and reset is terrific. the only thing i would like change is that i have a little more creep than i like and i would like suggestions as to how to minimize it. i am not looking to cut and paste or modify hammer, sear or springs. is there a trigger that has a little bit longer bow that i might be able to try or is there a modification to the existing trigger that might be employed to take up some slack?

thanks in advance.:confused:

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Some triggers have more takeup than others. Sometimes people call that creep. some takeup is required for the pistol to function properly. Creep occurs after takeup and before the sear breaks. It is movement of the sear on the hammerhooks.

I good trigger job by a good smith will eliminate creep. If you want to purchase the tools, jig and stones, you can learn to do one yourself. If you only want to do one pistol, the smith is cheaper.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts