2K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  BillD 
#1 ·
...and in hard chrome. Here is a "before" photo:

And, here are a bunch of "after" photos:

See less See more
#10 ·
That is a beautiful pistol!! Wish I had the funds to purchase one :(

#11 ·
i always prefer my guns in either stainless or hard chrome. but i have to admit that was one slick blue finish your gun started out with! it would be a hard decision for me to send that one to the plater!
anyway, it looks great in chrome too;) congrats on a fine looking gun.

#16 ·
pinheadbob2002 said:
I always wonder why john flares his ejection ports. He tunes the extractor to tumble the brass on-top of the slide.
I noticed the newer Valtros to have the port flared like lunde's Valtro
Why does he do that? I have never heard of that before. Is that something you want in a defensive pistol? It would seem to me that a more positve ejection would be desirable.

#18 ·
Pin head, you want to explain that? Why is it that John tumbles his ejected brass on top of the slide where it could get in the way of sight picture and operation of the pistol, and everyone else in the gunsmithing business wants to eject that brass as far away as possible to get it out of the way?

Hmmmm?

#19 ·
It ejects and hits the top right part of the slide.
John tumbles his brass. This is a more violent extraction. Less likely to stove pipe an empty round in the chamber. If a failure were to occur - it would cause the brass to stick up the hole - like a chimney. This is easy to clear with a slide sweep.
Since you never fired a pistol like this- it is unfair for you to even comment on anything. Your "what ifs" are based on your own biases and nothing more. Fire the gun then make an informed option.
It is kind of funny you are talking about combat situations. Since I even doubt you have been in one. Seems like a guy who posts over 1 time a day - needs to talk less and shoot more.
I own lots of 1911- baer, valtro, and Wilson - all fine guns. All of them eject the brass the same distance. As for the brass messing up a site picture. LOL :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: . I doubt a human eye can even pick that up. I am sure the slide moving rear ward can mess up the site picture. Or the recoil of the gun moving the barrel up ( I bet you load your round so lite this does not happen)
I have over 25,000 rounds threw my Valtro- not 1 issue. I abuse my Valtro, I can go 1,500 rounds with out cleaning. No real wear, bluing is hold up. Gun works great.
Please refrain from commenting to my posts in the future. I will do the same for your posts. It seem like you have allot to say - but nothing to add. If you need an education of Jardines/Swenson pistolsmithing - talk to Jardine. He will talk to you. I do not have the expertise or time to talk to you.
thank you.

#20 ·
Pinhead,
I said defensive situations, not combat situations. Reading is fundemental. Little touchy about your pistol aren't you?:rolleyes:

I know you are a big supporter of Jardine. That's great. I just asked you a question based on a statement you made about an unusual ejection pattern. I am really sorry if I pissed you off. And until some moderator tells me not to, I will respond to any post I like.

PS. I shoot hardball equivalent reloads, around 12K per year.

Not many folks here have been in defensive or combat (more likely) situations. Have you shot a bunch of folks with your Jardine?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.