1911Forum banner

Value of an older Colt MK4 ?

760 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  larry starling
How do you determine a value (for insurance policy) on a older Colt series 80 MK4 in stainless steel? I can see the prices for new Colts all over the place but where do you find the value of older guns so you can list their values on your home insurance. I want to be sure that I am insuring a couple of my older guns at today's replacement value.... Any help would be appreciated. One of the pistols in question is a like new Colt Series 80-MK4, Stainless Steel 45acp. The other is an old Winchester rifle I am checking on elsewhere. Thanks for any help.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
880 Posts
The Colt does not have any particular collector's value, so replacement for a used one would probably run between $500-650. I think retail on a stainless NRM is north of $900. Doubt your insurance company would pay that out (or insure it for that much) as the original isn't worth it.

· Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Badger,
That was what I was looking for. I did not know if there was any particular extra value to the Colt collector. I do not follow used values that much and was sort of confussed on its worth in todays replacement world.

· Premium Member
1,223 Posts
1911Badger said:
The Colt does not have any particular collector's value, so replacement for a used one would probably run between $500-650. I think retail on a stainless NRM is north of $900. Doubt your insurance company would pay that out (or insure it for that much) as the original isn't worth it.
My Blue book says MK IV in Stainless are worth $750 in 100% condition. Last MSRP was $813.00 hope this helps a little for your insurance needs.... :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.