1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get some of your ideas on the value of this Operator. It is about 7 + years old I think, it has around 300-500 rounds through it. It is in very good condition as the pics show and comes with the M3 light, 4 Wilson Combat mags, and a Safariland 6004 thigh holster. I have looked and can't find how much these are selling for, thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
I think it is an early model MC Operator - bushing SS barrel - NM frame - which means it was assembled in the US versus brazil. It is a great find and worth about $900 to $1100.00

·
Registered
431 Posts
old-lefty said:
I think it is an early model MC Operator - bushing SS barrel - NM frame - which means it was assembled in the US versus brazil. It is a great find and worth about $900 to $1100.00

I agree with old lefty. That is a good looking pistol. You should have no trouble moving it.

·
Registered
572 Posts
How come something I've been looking for I find when I am Broke.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts

It would be easier to sell online than locally I am sure. The full rail Operators are no longer made but seem to have a cult following. A new MC Operator can be obtained for $900 but will have the half rail. Defininately worth what the others posted but you need to find the right buyer.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
The mag release is not stock. . .What else is changed?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nathan said:
It has a extended mag well and the mag release other than that it just has the loaded package. This 1911 has one of the best triggers I have ever felt strait from the factory, no other work done to it. I love this pistol and I have started shooting 3 gun and sniper challenge type matches, I kinda want a pistol with more mag capacity to cut down on the number of mags I have to carry on me during the match, and this is a heavy pistol, but I will probably stick with this one because I can shoot it well and I just like it. HeHe.:)

·
Registered
322 Posts
That is a loaded series operator, I have one I got a few years back for $600.00. I was talking to Dave Williams of SA a couple years ago at the SS match he said he thought SA only made the loaded operator for a year or two. They are harder to come by and increase in price every time I see one for sale.

Happy Holidays

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Nathan said:
It looks like the slide release has been changed out too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
You just posted that to show us your sweet Operator, didn't you!:rock:
I have one just like it, and it is the LAST gun that I would sell. I'm still looking for the milspec operator to finish my collection...

·
Registered
55 Posts
It looks pretty dinged up though.
I see the following:
Scratch/groove on the slide
Hammer mark on the rear sight
Wear marks under the thumb safety (is that from normal wear?)
Mag-well doesn't look like it has a good fit

I would still drop $800 or so on that!

I would suggest checking out gunbroker.com to see what the market is bearing right now...

·
Registered
757 Posts
I bought one exactly like that about 3 months ago. It was used and I paid $ 800 for it. I also got the box and everthing with it from my local gun shop. My local shop normally has only a couple of used guns on the shelf but they're usually in very good shape. The one I bought looked as though it had never been fired.

·
Administrator
13,321 Posts
Ever decide if you wanted to sell & if so how much? Might still be interested...
Offering to buy or sell firearms will usually result in a permanent vacation . Please reaquaint yourself with the rules . Thank you .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.