1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone has tested this product? Brownells sells it, but I don't know anything about its effectiveness. Thanks,
MAXM

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
I have to admit, I've never even heard of the stuff.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Touched! Now is mine turn to admit that I never heard of Bull-Frog. I've found their site and I'll read their advertisements. Thanks to all, MAXM

·
Registered
465 Posts
Nope Ive never used it.
Im sticking with my FP-10.I have yet to have any corrosion problems during use or storage when using FP-10.So my days of looking for a better protectant and lube are over.FP-10 does it all for me.
Raymond

·
Banned
975 Posts
the van patten product works fairly well. i use it when im working on pistols and have to leave parts in the white for a while. i learned my lesson the hard way that my house has enough humidity to rust an in the white 1911 overnite. so far anything ive sprayed the v 80 on hasnt rusted. i have a k98 mauser reciever all polished up and in the white that i sprayed almost 4 years ago and still no rust on it. for guns that are finished i use either fp-10 or rem oil.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Haven't tried it, sorry. From what I read, the oil is only one step in a system. Sounds like a pretty good product. Both Tom Knapp and Ted Nuget recommend it.

Regards,
Clay

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To CH and all others that kindly replied to me...

It's so nice to find many guncare lovers in this forum!
I know I am a little maniac about maintenance, but I love modern and especially vintage well-made guns and I hate to see rust or wear om them. I'm a match shooter (ISSF rules) from 30 years too, and I know that I can't give any advantage to other competitors by having my match instruments at less than 100% performance. I'm grateful for all your efforts to give an expert help to me and other 1911Forum members and I hope you are not still bored to do that, because - if you can tolerate my bad english - I have many, many questions for you!
Regards,
MAXM

·
Registered
387 Posts
Thank you for the kind words :) . I'm an expert in nothing, but I would be glad to help in any way I can. Experience shared is knowledge gained.

Regards,

Clay

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was yesterday informed by Brownells that V80 oil is factory discontuined. Regards, MAXM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts