1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Narrowed my choices to two shotguns, but can't decide which one to go with...

One is a Vang Comp Ported Remington 870 Police Magnum. The other is a Scattergun Technologies Remington 870.

Both sound really great on paper, but given the choice between the two, which would be the better choice and why (...and please, I'm not interested in a stock 870).

Also, any experience with either shotgun?

Thanks in advance. ;)

·
Registered
27,691 Posts
What do you expect from your shotgun? If you want fist sized groups at 25+ yds, save yourself some money and just shoot slugs. You will have to aim just as tight as you would with a Vang Comp setup.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Vang Comp, Hands down. Feature-wise, the bore work is what makes the difference, and it's an incredible difference. Vang has it, SGT doesn't. Hans does all our barrels - Tried other methods but nothing else comes close. Great guy to deal with, too.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Vang Comp 870 Police Magnum.
I like mine.

Don't get the porting if you have a choice. (Why weaken the barrel and create upward muzzle flash?)

Hans Vang back-bores the barrel and roughens the early portion of the bore (to retard wadding/cup).
He does things just right so that 00 Buck shot clusters together at shorter distances (say < 50yds) but doesn't clump or fuse together, making for much tighter shot patterns.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I've shot both. Was not that impressed with the Scattergun. Just basically a Rem 870 with a lot of beneficial aftermarket parts. Parts I can put on myself for alot cheaper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts