1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, which variants would you like to see made by Colt, pistols, revolvers, rifles etc.
..???

hmm...what about a colt 1991A1 longslide???

·
Registered
684 Posts
Delta Elite
Delta XS
Delta Gold Cup
Delta Long Slide

Basicly an 10mm Government Model

Mustang
Pocket Pistol
Pocket 9

[This message has been edited by BB (edited 07-19-2001).]

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
An Officer framed-commander length slide gun in 10mm, 38 super and 9x23.

AR15 carbines in 10mm and 9x23

A 10mm Python

[This message has been edited by eerw (edited 07-19-2001).]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Model 1911 (1912 production and something pre black army)
Model M Pocket Hammerless .380 and .32 ACP (1930's production)

fair enough?

·
Registered
232 Posts
How 'bout a 1991a1 styled gun (beveled magwell and slightly lowered ejection port only differences from old Colts) in all machined stainless steel (no moldings here) with standard hood barrel (perhaps throated) and with the semi-tight dimensions now becoming standard. Important parts in stainless tool steel. Extractor in spring tempered stainless. Rollmarks similar to what they're putting on the XSE Government. Packaged with steel long and short triggers and flat and arched MSH's so each owner could roll their own. NO series 80 safety.

Just a little fantasy of mine. Way too nostalgia and quality oriented for today's PC world. I would gladly fork out about a grand for such a beautiful beast.
-Chad

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
How about returning the experimental 3/4 (or was it 7/8ths?) size 1911 that Colt used as atest bed for theri 9.8m/m round that did not fly. It would be just the ticket for a .40S&W.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC

·
Registered
963 Posts
I wish Colt still made the XS Model for ~$700 retail instead of the XSE with less features for $100 more.

------------------
A man with a watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches isn't so sure

·
Registered
817 Posts
I'd like to see them move here to South Carolina. I live within 2 miles of one of the FN plants. On a nice quiet winter night, you can hear the late shift going full auto on the testing range. AAHHHH.. the sound of music! Just think, non union labor, lower cost of realestate, etc.. and 1911's for $500.
Oh well, just a dream.
Did I mention Fort Jackson, the only Army basic training post is 2 miles in the other direction. More that once I've had to clean my shorts after a heavy artillery round has been fired on on a nice quiet sunday morning!

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
ScottGT... I wasn't aware all that was there... So are my youngest Grand Daughter, my Daughter, and her husband... They're in Goose Creek... He's still in training at the Nuke School.

Oh... Varients...
How about the Full Line of XS model's, including a version of the C.C.O. and in all calibers, 45, 9x23, 38S, and 10mm. Hell, even a 9mm, 40/357 Sig might be fun...

Other than the latest "Mil-Copy" 1911A1, how about some "Competition" models that are made Sans S80/90 lockwork.

[This message has been edited by jaydee (edited 07-20-2001).]

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
They could start with making a 1911 with no plastic, no cast parts, no series 80 parts....

Maybe resurect the 50's-60's Commercial pistols.

·
Registered
661 Posts
How about a full size 5" lightweight alloy frame carry gun in .45ACP, .38 Super and/or 9X23? And the butt should be rounded off ala Ed Brown Bobtail so it can be carried IWB under a shirt. CCW is "IN", and this would be an ideal CCW gun. But, for the last 30 years or so, Colt has not been known for making wise decisions in what to manufacture, so I'm betting they won't make this gun now. It would be nice if they prove me wrong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Since most of the functions that I desire have already been addressed, I deal mainly with cosmetics. I know that it may seem silly to many, but I always loved the high polished stainless 1911s. I would also like to see a nice two tone (stainless or hard chrome frame)pistol. Tasteful and properly done roll marks would be nice as well.
I would also like to see the return of the Detective Special series.

·
Banned
5,943 Posts
As has been said before....
Colt, PLEASE, bring back the real XS guns and give Kimber a real run for the money.

Also....
How about making the M1991A1 roll mark a little smaller and add the Colt prancing pony! Since when does a Colt come without the "prancing pony"?

Regards,
Sam

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I wish they'd use the XS/XSE rollmark on the 1991's. It just looks better.
It'd also be nice if they used the actual military slide stampings, maybe update the "patented 19blah" and such.
Ah well.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Originally posted by FirearmsPlus.FL:
I wish they'd use the XS/XSE rollmark on the 1991's. It just looks better.
It'd also be nice if they used the actual military slide stampings, maybe update the "patented 19blah" and such.
Ah well.
If they did either of those I might buy a 1991A1. The worst thing about the gun (other than the inflated price) is the butt-ugly 1991A1 roll mark.

------------------
A man with a watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches isn't so sure

·
Registered
474 Posts
My wish list has been filled recently.
(1) a Gold Cup with a Bomar rear sight.

hope all yours appear as well. I only had to wait 6 years.

------------------

1 - 20 of 30 Posts