1911Forum banner

Versa Max 2 and STI

1150 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Dyceskynes
I just contacted Milt Sparks to order a Versa Max 2 for a STI Trojan 5" and they were unsure what the fit would be like to that gun. They gave me two suggestions, one is I send my gun to them for a fitting or I could find someone that maybe could tell me how the fit would be on that gun, so I came here. Does anyone have an STI Trojan with that holster or something similar. They said the fit may be too tight which would cause me to send it back in. I really don't think I can part with the gun for the fitting but I will if I have to. They said they are back ordered 16-18 weeks for that style.

Thanks
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
302 Posts
I don't have a Trojan so I'm not 100% certain, but I think the slide and dust cover profiles are the same as a standard 1911 so it shouldn't be a problem. if it is a little tight the leather will stretch some. now for the 2011s or those models with a heavy or full dust cover the holster will need to be custom made. I know my Ranger (have yet to carry it) fits fine but the VIP won't.

Tim

· Registered
201 Posts
I don't have a Trojan but I do have the STI Ranger II with the 4.15" barrel. I ordered the Sparks VM II that's for the Commander and the Ranger fits perfectly, like it was made for it.

Great holster by the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.