1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've narrowed down my two choices to the Versa Max 2 or the Watch Six. I really don't need the tuckable option of the VM2, but I'm not quite sure if I need the reinforced mouth. The watch six is also what I'm looking for, but is the non reinforced mouth going to be an issue? Any information would be really appreciated. Thanks.

· Registered
390 Posts
Watch six.

If you don't care about the tuckable feature, you need the watch six. It's much slimmer in the pants, cheaper, and I don't find that it closes up when the gun is out. I can one-hand reholster no problem, although I never saw that as a deciding factor. I have three watch sixes for three different guns, and literally gave away all my other IWB holsters, many of which cost up to $100 more than the Sparks.
Best.
Steve.

· Registered
148 Posts
Vm-2

I don't want to throw a wrench into your decision but I had the same question about the WS and VM-2. So I bought both and tried them and ended up selling the WS. I now own two VM-2's and will purchase a third. IMHO the advantage of comfort of the WS is FAR exceeded by the ability to easily holster with the VM-2. You will holster a lot more than you realize. I found it was VERY EASY to point my firearm directly at my hip during holstering with the WS. Not so with the VM-2. I'm not discounting the previous post to the contrary, this is my experience.

· Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Something to consider: if you subscribe to the notion that says "train as you'll fight," then when you train, it's with the gear you'll have on your person every day, not vertical drop Kydex (which is undeniably fast).

For my first four day training course, I went with an OWB Kydex holster, because that's what this particular school recommended, but I had the holster set at an FBI cant, which approximates the angle of my daily carry holster(s). I thought it was a good compromise (and I have Mr. Roscoe Benson of this board to thank for it).

In the classes I've taken since, I wear and train from my Versa Max II, for two reasons: it's one of the holsters I wear daily, and the reinforced mouth undeniably makes proper one-handed re-holstering easier than any non-reinforced design I have.

YMMV - both are great rigs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.