1911Forum banner

Vertical Trigger Play?

1031 3
Here is yet another question from my nick-picking mind. Should a 2000 Springfield Loaded 1911 with a Videcki Trigger (I don't know that it is a Videcki, but it looks like it
)have any vertical play. On my pistol, the trigger can be moved up and down considerably, and makes a "rattling" sound when the gun is shaken. The gun functions fine, but I was wondering if the trigger should have that much movement. Also, is there any potential problems that could originate from this condition? If I need to send the gun back, I may have some "Custom" work done on it, since I am paying shipping anyways. Thanks to all who respond.

catmath 1911
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
622 Posts
I sent an email to SA a few weeks ago and they responded that they pay shipping BOTH ways for warranty work. I have that in writing!!! May want to give them a call or email them if you think you need to send in your gun for warranty work.

· Registered
834 Posts
My Springer and Colt both have the shaky trigger syndrome. I don't know that i means anything but poor fitting due to time constraints or reliability concerns.

Just how tight can you get that trigger to fit the slot without it binding? Dirt, lint, powder residue....could be bad juju if you have an tight fit in this area.

Also, does this wiggling really translate back to the sear? Looking at my guns, there really isn't that much room for the trigger bow to move in that area. Just thinking...

------------------
When reason fails...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.