1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel I should give a big thanks to Jason at EB and EB Customer Service. I sent my 5 year old SF back because it started not locking back after last round. I tried a dozen different mags. I am not a gunsmith so I did not want to just throw in a new slide lock and I wanted EB to go through the gun and give me evaluation.

They replaced the slide lock with a new forged item which was coated to match the gun. They replaced the main spring, recoil spring and firing pin spring, adjusted the trigger pull from 3 to 4 lbs per my reqest.

Total cost other than my shipping to them was NADA!!!!

I am very pleased to have my SF back with a tune up.

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
calfroper,

Cool forum handle.

Was that "Justin" who helped you out?

I have dealt with three of the semi custom makers with regard to service. I prefer dealing with Brown right now.

Your gun sounds like it is in great shape.

Regards,

Craig

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
calfroper,

Cool forum handle.

Was that "Justin" who helped you out?

I have dealt with three of the semi custom makers with regard to service. I prefer dealing with Brown right now.

Your gun sounds like it is in great shape.

Regards,

Craig
Yes, Justin, my bad, not Jason

I ordered 2 EB mags to throw in the box on return and just noticed they did charge me for the springs but not the forged slide stop

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
This is what I like about Ed Brown Products.

"Yes, we have a lifetime warranty. If you ever need service on your Ed Brown firearm, we are here for you. It doesn't matter what the reason is, how old it is, or whether you are the original owner. We never look for reasons to turn away service calls...if you've got an Ed Brown firearm and you have a problem, we are here to help you."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts