1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let us not forget that Wednesday is Veterans Day!!! It is a time to remember those that have served and those that are currently serving our great Country!!! My dad, a 30 year Navy veteran passed in 1984 but I try to at least thank a veteran or someone on active duty every day. Just remember that it is a day of remembrance and not just another day off!!!:rock:

Thanks guys and gals for your service both past and present!:rock:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Couldn't forget if I wanted to.
Father (USMC) and two of his brothers (USMC, USAF) served.
Myself and two of my brothers (all USAF Ret) served.
Three cousins (USA, USAF Ret) served.
Cousin's husband (USAF Ret) served.
Ex-wife and current wife (USAF) served.
Two nephews and a niece going to (USAF) serve.
Sister's ex (USAF Ret) served.
Sister's hubby (USN) served.
And I currently work as a contractor for the USMC.
To quote AC/DC...
"For those about to rock, we salute you!":rock::rock:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Happy Veterans Day from one Vet to others.

Posted from Sather Air Base, Baghdad, Iraq.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Scouts Out.

I remember specifically.
Sgt James Kleman
SP4 Bob Armbruster
Cpl Lou Beasley
MSG Chuck Twomey
LCDR Vince Lopresti
Cpl Jorge Salcido

·
Registered
4 Posts
First Post- A Veteran's Day Remembrance

This is my first post on the 1911 Forum and I would like to use it to remember my late father, an Air Force pilot with 27 years of service. I'd like to remember the men and women I served with during my 35 years as an Air Force pilot and lastly I'd like to remember my daughter, an Army officer of 15 years, who left a six month old son, to serve in Afghanistan. Thanks Dad for being my hero and showing me what "Duty, Honor, Country" really means and for being the kind of man that I always strove to be. To my friends and comrades in arms, thank you for filling my career with your friendship, trust and inspiration and for that special bond that we who have served know but could never explain to those who haven't. To my daughter, Jennifer, thank you for your service to our nation and your commitment to defend it. I can't imagine any greater sacrifice than to leave your new baby boy and to miss a year of his new life to fight for your country. You are an inspiration to all of us. You are in our thoughts and prayers for a safe tour and a happy family reunion in January 2010.

May we all have a day of remembering those who have served and those who serve today and to give thanks to those who's sacrifices secured the freedoms we enjoy today. God Bless America!

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Happy Veterans Day everyone! and a shoutout to my Dad, who was an army radar operator on a Nike missle battery back in the fabulous 50's.:)

·
Registered
97 Posts
This is my first post on the 1911 Forum and I would like to use it to remember my late father, an Air Force pilot with 27 years of service.
May we all have a day of remembering those who have served and those who serve today and to give thanks to those who's sacrifices secured the freedoms we enjoy today. God Bless America!
A beautiful first post if I have ever read one.............Thank You!

2nd Bn 78th Field Artillery, United States Army, 1971 to 1974

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Happy Veterans Day!

"You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - An unattributed quote, penned on a C-ration box for display at a Marine Corps command post, Khe Sahn, South Vietnam, during the 77-day siege in 1968

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Happy Veterans Day to All The Veterans Past and Present:

2 Tours of Duty Yankee Station VietNam 1970 to 1972.

Proud to have Served In the Worlds Greatest Country for 22 years;:rock::rock:

Clyde

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
To all the veterans and all currently serving in our armed forces - thank you for your service.

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
Thank you to all who have sacrifed for our freedoms!!:rock:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Thank You to all who have served to make us & keep us free.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!!:rock:

·
Banned
2,125 Posts
To all my fellow vets(especially you tankers:rock:)
HAPPY VETERANS DAY!

Now,off to the range to make some noise and scare some paper!:biglaugh:

Regards,
DAT85

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I think I saw this on this post, so dont give me credit for it. It would`nt be the United States of America if it were not for the United States Armed Forces!!

Thanks men and women
Larry

USN 1967-1971

·
Registered
135 Posts
Happy Veterans Day!

"You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - An unattributed quote, penned on a C-ration box for display at a Marine Corps command post, Khe Sahn, South Vietnam, during the 77-day siege in 1968
Actually a quote taken from General MacArthurs infamous "Duty, Honor, Country" speech!

Hoo-aah, I salute all my fellow veterans and salute all that are serving today!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Happy Veteran's Day and thanks for your service to all who have served in our armed forces.

Also, in memory of my late father in law who piloted a B-25 "Mitchell" in North Africa and the Phillipines in WWII. He left career and family to enlist and fight in the war because he felt compelled to serve.

I will always be grateful for the oppotunity I had several years ago at an air show. We met the crew of a B-25 that was there with their plane and because my father in law was with us, they allowed him and my sons to climb up into the plane. My father in law got to show my sons all the controls and guages and explained how everything worked. My father in law beamed.

My sons now each proudly display in a bookcase, a cockpit guage from a decommissioned B-25 that was given them by their grandfather.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Happy Veterans Day and thank you to all who have served and continue to do so.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts