1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,712 Posts
Black powder loads? Hahaha, jk

·
Premium Member
7,712 Posts
How much weight does this add including screws? I like my plunger tube covered by my left grip for added security, did you consider having this also cover the plunger tube? Could be an added bonus. I think I will have to fire up my laptop and preorder one for myself. At $49.95 you have certainly brought it to market for less money then a pair of grips. I really admire the forward thinking and am looking forward to what else you come up with.

BTW, I have 3 factory railed 1911's already and a bunch of 1911's without. This gives an option of carrying a 10mm Delta or 9mm Commander or lightweight Commander with a Rail and light or laser if I wish.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much weight does this add including screws? I like my plunger tube covered by my left grip for added security, did you consider having this also cover the plunger tube? Could be an added bonus. I think I will have to fire up my laptop and preorder one for myself. At $49.95 you have certainly brought it to market for less money then a pair of grips. I really admire the forward thinking and am looking forward to what else you come up with.

BTW, I have 3 factory railed 1911's already and a bunch of 1911's without. This gives an option of carrying a 10mm Delta or 9mm Commander or lightweight Commander with a Rail and light or laser if I wish.
Hi Johnny

Total added weight is around 80 grams.
Our goal was to hit the $50 MSRP since we understood it was a new concept and we didn't want to scare away people with a high price. We felt that if people were willing to try a new concept, we should at least make it available at a fair price.
As for the plunger, that is for you to decide, we may or may not offer a future version with the plunger support.

Speaking of support- Thank you for yours!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thats a really interesting look, I might have to get one of these

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

We just modified the production mold (was a considerable expense, ever try to modify a hardened steel mold!) to include plunger support. We at first decided against it, but then hearing from people like you made us decide to to add a little lip to support the plunger.

As soon as I have pictures I will put them out there.

·
Premium Member
7,712 Posts
Awesome! Preordered mine this last weekend? Looking forward to trying it out!

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
We just modified the production mold (was a considerable expense, ever try to modify a hardened steel mold!) to include plunger support. We at first decided against it, but then hearing from people like you made us decide to to add a little lip to support the plunger.

As soon as I have pictures I will put them out there.
That's being responsive and shows a drive to create a viable product. Always great to see folks who still build and create by actual/potential customer base instead of creation by committee. Well done.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's being responsive and shows a drive to create a viable product. Always great to see folks who still build and create by actual/potential customer base instead of creation by committee. Well done.

We did the best we could without altering the full look and concept of what we are trying to accomplish. We didn't want to go over the plunger either since we felt that it would add too much to the look and not really provide a huge benefit. We raised the top lip of the grip and made a support that goes directly under a portion of the plunger.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Take a look, got the first run out of the mold today, I for one am pretty impressed. The seam is virtually non-existent, you can barely tell it is 2 pieces put together, and look at the plunger support. This is the final product, first run, fresh out of the mold

more can be seen at www.facebook.com/recovertactical

·
Premium Member
7,712 Posts
Awesome job! Ok, what's up next on the drawing board?

·
Administrator
13,326 Posts
This is running in our Parts forum . Please one thread per topic only posted in the most appropriate sub forum .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.