1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have assembled several 1911s from gun shop parts and now wish to build a true custom pistol. I have several questions that need to be answered to assure succcess in this project and want to find video or book that covers the building of custom 1911s in detail. It is my understanding that the videos from AGI leave much to be desired. I am open to suggestion and am not afraid of failure.

Thanks,

T. W. Cornelsion

·
Registered
151 Posts
CUSTOM PARTS & VIDEO

:) I'VE USED THE VIDEOS FROM WILSON COMBAT TO INSTALL THEIR TRIGGERS,B.TAIL GRIP.SEARS,HAMMERS AND BARRELS ON MY COLTS AND HAVE HAD GREAT SUCCESS, EVEN BOUGHT THEIR HONING STICKS TO USE ON THE PROJECTS. THE VIDEOS EVEN SHOW CHECKERING AND MACHINING(DOVETAIL SIGHTS) BEING ABLE TO WATCH THE TAPES AND STOP,REWIND AND GO OVER IT AGAIN WAS GREAT. IT REALLY TOOK MY FEAR OF COMPLETLY TAKING MY 1911'S APART. THANKS MATT

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
I own the Wilson tapes and #1 and #2 on building the 1911 from AGI. It is true AGI leaves a few things out, (they assume nothing will go wrong). But after watching the tapes I fit a barrel, oversized frame, and just about every part on the gun. Yes, I botched up some parts, (education is not cheap) but in the end the tapes gave me the information to modify and build safe 1911's.
The only thing better would be to enroll in a real gunsmith school or apprentice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts