·
Registered
7,686 Posts

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Local Update

The 2 students tested negative. Only took a week when cdc say 48 hours LOL. Things around town are back to normal

·
Registered
22,980 Posts
We are already starting to see the black drones flying around.

They can take the body temperature of you from 726 meters away.

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
From the Wall Street Journal:
By Stu Woo
Updated Feb. 9, 2020 1:36 pm ET
SAVE
PRINT
TEXT
BEIJING—The death toll from the new coronavirus outbreak has now surpassed that of the severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS, epidemic nearly two decades ago, as the number of fatalities topped 800.

China’s health commission said it recorded a single-day high of 89 deaths from the coronavirus on Saturday, bringing the total number of those killed to 811 people in mainland China.

The outbreak of SARS killed 774 people after its emergence in southern China in 2002 and 2003, mostly in mainland China and Hong Kong.

The coronavirus now surpasses SARS in both the number of confirmed cases and fatalities. China’s cabinet-level National Health Commission on Saturday confirmed 2,656 new cases of infection, down from 3,399 on Friday, to bring the total to 37,198. SARS infected 8,098 people during its outbreak.

TRACKING THE CORONAVIRUS

Eighty-nine people died in China on Saturday, pushing the death toll to 811.
The death toll from the outbreak has now surpassed that of the SARS epidemic nearly two decades ago.
China confirmed another 2,656 infections, bringing the total to 37,198.
VIEW IN DEPTH
Authorities also said hospitals released 600 patients who have recovered from the virus on Friday, raising the overall count of discharged people to 2,649.

Most of the infections and deaths from the coronavirus, which like SARS causes respiratory illnesses, occurred in Wuhan and surrounding Hubei province, a region of almost 60 million people that Chinese authorities have locked down in an attempt to halt contagion. Sick patients there have overwhelmed hospitals, which have reported shortages of supplies such as oxygen and protective equipment.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Well. I guess this is going to seriously damage the Chinese mail order bride business for a while. Probably the whole Asian MOB business as well.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have a business associate in Hangzhou, China. He says out of 8 million in his city, 165 have caught the virus, no deaths. Says 20K or more have caught the virus in Wuhan which is a population of 9 million. Says hundreds have died and the hospitals can't handle it. Says doctors form other cities are risking their lives to go there and help. I heard they built an entire new hospital in Wuhan in something like one week and they're cremating 300 people a day.

·
Registered
329 Posts
yes common sense is a decided factor to follow here.

If it wears a sports uniform and kneels,,,, it gets shot.

It if shuffles, wears a face mask and coughs.... it gets shot.

if it wants to raise taxes,,, it gets shot. Hell, if just talks about being from government it should be shot on site. gotta stop the infection somehow.
You start...I'll watch.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
So what is the worse case scenario?

Are you prepared for being quarantined for 17 days, if necessary?

Do you have a Plan B for travel plans that involve being in high density populations?

If you should come down with symptoms, how will you seek treatment without exposing everyone else in the urgent-care?

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
What goes well with the Corona Virus?
Lyme disease.

·
Registered
7,686 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Preps forna virus outbreak... well if there was ever a real level 10 kind of outbreak, I think yeah, I'd want to hunker down. But if I couldn't do that and had to roll the dice and go on the move, we'd just have to do our best to prevent exposure, by any means necessary.

41 - 60 of 527 Posts