1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:scratch:Surprised I couldn't find this in a search.

Of my many VM2's, I just picked up a horsey with sharkey trim....of course it's lovely! My first really fancy one.

I've heard folks on different boards mention the durability of shark....this would be relating to the entire holster and not just one with the trim, correct?

Tony, is my sharkey trimmed one any better than my others, or just lovely'er?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
xrmattaz said:
:scratch:Surprised I couldn't find this in a search.

Of my many VM2's, I just picked up a horsey with sharkey trim....of course it's lovely! My first really fancy one.

I've heard folks on different boards mention the durability of shark....this would be relating to the entire holster and not just one with the trim, correct?

Tony, is my sharkey trimmed one any better than my others, or just lovely'er?
The shark will resist scratches and abrasion, whereas the exposed material that it is bonded to will not. At least not as well I should say. Mostly we use shark for aesthetics, but it does add significantly to the durabilty factor of the areas of the holster in which it is used. Sharkskin is very practical in that respect. Enjoy!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:D Thank you, and I am enjoying it!

While I have you on "the line" Tony, I find that the Executive Companion works as well (or better) for me when carrying the G20/21 (I use the VM2 for the smaller G's/1911's, etc).....izzit that big ol' paddle?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
xrmattaz said:
I find that the Executive Companion works as well (or better) for me when carrying the G20/21 (I use the VM2 for the smaller G's/1911's, etc).....izzit that big ol' paddle?
Yep. The paddle on the EX makes it a bunch more comfortable in my opinion.

The EX is pretty much what I have gone back to for personal carry, as of late. I have never found the loops stacked on top the gun to be that much of a concealment issue anyway and I don't wear baggy cover garments either.

T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts