1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Sure does look beautiful.

Is that horse or cow hide?

How long did you wait for it?

Did you get a belt or mag holders to go with it?

I've been looking hard at them, but have those questions.

I use a Galco IWB now and am fine with it, except since it's a summer special it's a little wobbly when drawing, I've heard the VM2 is like a rock and does not move at all.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, it's a horsehide. I ordered directly from Milt Sparks and it took a couple of months but Lightening Arms has them in stock for a slightly higher price. They are very well reputed on this forum. I think the wait from Milt Sparks directly is 8-12 weeks. I have a gun being customized right now and I didn't mind the wait. Since the guns isn't ready my Colt is wearing the leather jacket right now. It's made for a Springfield but the Colt fits snug in there. Actually, it's being broken in with the Colt.

No belt or mags since I have a nice belt and 4 mag holders from Hellweg that I had previously. All match quite nicely.

The VM2 is rock solid. Personally I think it's the best designed IWB holster available. Most impressive is the thin profile and comfort level. I couldn't recommend it enough.

If you do a search I think you'll find that they are very highly recommended. I don't think I've ever heard anything negative about the holster or the company. You'll be in good hands.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Greetings,

I second the recommendation and will add, not to start the old debate, that I prefer using the kydex clips, with a belt and the shirt still untucked. (After a year of using the belt loops I switched to trying tucking. The tucking didn't work for me, but the clips did.)

Thanks- shoot safe.

G

·
Mustang,

I hope you're happy!

You cost me $291 today.

After looking at your post I called Lightning Arms and ordered a VMII, a double mag holder and a belt. All Milt Sparks, all in "natural color and all were in stock and shipped out to me today.

I can't wait!

:D

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Mowerman--

Thank you for your order!

You should be breaking it in by Thursday.

Mustang--

Thank you for the recommendation.

Regards,

Craig & Audrey

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mowerman, Congratulations! You will be very happy with both your holster and the service you get from Lasports. Anytime I can help someone spend money is always exciting for me. :D :p .

Lasports, your welcome. My brother in law recently purchased a holster from you and had nothing but good things to say about you. Nice to hear about outstanding service when many are cutting corners that make the difference.

G

·
The personal service from Audrey @ L.A. Sports was refreshing. I actually got to talk to a person!

Initially Audrey told me they were out of stock on the size & style of belt I wanted, but after going to the stockroom and pulling the rest of my order she found a belt in my size.

Audrey called me back and told me she had one and it could ship with the rest of my order.

That was cool, it's going to be exciting to get the entire rig (belt, mag holder and holster) at the same time.

Thanks Mustang and others here who have said such great things about Milt Sparks products, and thanks to Lightning Arms Sports for the good service.

G

·
I got my order from Lightning Arms Sports today. Their shipping is excellent. I ordered on Monday afternoon and the box was actually here in Virginia on Wednesday afternoon, the only reason I didn't get it is because I was not home when the postman came to my door.

I ordered a VMII, a belt and a double mag holder all in "natural" cowhide.

The VM II Is sweet. Very solid holster. Excellent workmanship, great fit, even color, no blotching or scratches, just quality throughout.

The belt I got also Milt Sparks is the finest belt I've ever owned. It is so solid again just beautiful workmanship and quality materials. Very comfortable so far today just wearing it around the house. The bend in the belt I guess is what makes it so comfortable, because it is thick and very stiff being brand new. It just doesn't look like it would be a comfortable as it is to wear.

The double mag holder is just the same, solid, well crafted and sturdy. It is so solid again just beautiful workmanship and quality materials.

Everything gives me the feeling that I will own and use this stuff for the rest of my life. It is all just very well crafted.

Everything is really tight right now so I'm guessing I'll be using my current carry rig when I'm out and about and may actually need my weapon for self defense. I'll wear the new Sparks rig around the house for a week or so to "break it in".

Probably also take it to the range several times before I actually start using it full time because everything is very stiff and tight. I feel like it would be wise to get it worn in a bit and get me used to it before I depend on it to save my life.

If you've been thinking about getting anything from Milt Sparks or from Lightning Arms Sports I can say from experience, don't delay. L.A. Sports was a pleasure to deal with and Milt Sparks gear is top notch.

Thanks to Mustang for giving me the kick in the butt I needed.

Here's a pic........

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,435 Posts
That's the near-twin to my black set. Aren't they great?

·
Registered
230 Posts
VM2

Welcome to enlightenment:D

Tony's VM2 is all I carry. How many do I have now? Four I think...

Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts