Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Metalform 8 rd

Votes: 2 8.3%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've seen so many feeding, ejection, premature slide lock & FT lock back posts, with a lot of comments about the mags each poster uses/likes best...

And since I'm picking up my new/first CBOB today...

And since I've had a lot of mag related issues w/ my Combat Commander:

I'd like to get a better idea of what mags work best, from as many of you guys as possible.

You CAN vote for more than one mag.

If replying, try to focus on what worked best after/if you've had to have any DW service for things like a re-beveled slide lock lug, new extractor, etc.

Also, in replying, since I can only have 10 or less voting buttons: Let us know about other options on the mag such as welded vs. removable base; type of follower, etc.

If more than one worked well for you, I'd like to know that also.

Thanks. And I'm very grateful to have the ability to tap into the experience of so many CBOB owners.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
In my new-to-me Patriot CBOB:
My CMC Power mags in 10 and 8 rd work perfectly, even though the 10 rd is screwing up in my my Springfield.
My ACT/Novak mags work perfectly.
The no-name flush 8 round with concave plastic follower that came with my used CBOB works perfectly.
The 4 misc GI/Gunshow mags with Shooting Star 8 rd conversions I have all lock the slide back or cause other trouble. The same mags have no trouble in my Springfield.

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
Don't buy into the hype....... Act/Novak mags work great and for a good price, as Ben says....in ANY of my .45s.

Take care,
Art

·
Registered
271 Posts
I wish you would make it a multiple selection poll, there are several that run fine for me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Scw...

Actually, you can/could have voted for any and all of the choices.

I didn't realize that going in, but while setting up the poll there was an option for permit multiple votes [or something like that], so I selected it.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
7 and 8 shot? Must be a 45 poll. :p

My CBOB is 10mm and I have only tried stock 9round mags from CheckMate and 9round CMC Shooting Stars.

The CheckMate have all work fine. The McCormicks (3) all intermittently locked back the slide before the 9th shot has been fired. Follower rides too high hitting the slide lock. Could have bent the lips or follower but I sent them back instead. I am going to get more OEM mags.

Here is a pic of the McCormick and the follower:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I run a variety of mags through mine. 47d's, metalforms, and a bunch of cheapies I picked up. Some with dimpled followers and some with round followers. I don't have a feed problem at all. I did have a FRTB problem, but the finish reamer cured that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts