1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have them? Could you please you post a picture? The only ones I have seen are on their site, I am interested in the "black paper"
and the "black canvas" grips.

Thanks!
MB

M

·
0 Posts
I'd rather have wood. Micarta is over priced IMHO.

Just as a 1911 belongs in leather, the grips should add class, micarta just doesn't do it for me.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just recently got a pair in green for my Wilson. I'll post pics when I get home.

My gun sees hard use and isnt babied. Ive cracked a number of pairs of wood grips over the years, and prefer the tougher synthetic grips.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chris, Alfa and 45, thanks for the helpful feedback! I like the black paper, but wish it was a bit more matte in its finish. I talked to John w/ VZ and he said that the grips on that Heinie gun are the Black Green Linen grips, those are very nice.

45, I have a OR Series 1 too!:) Check it out attached with my current set up featuring Gunner Grips.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I installed a set of green canvas grip on my ss colt govenment and took it to Front Sight for their four day pistol class. I couldn't have been happier with the grips. They look great, feel good and give you a good secure grip. They are very durable. I have had two set of wood grips on this gun, but for a "working gun" you can't beat the VZ micarta grips.

When I got home I ordered a set for my Kimber. John sent me a set of black canvas, blasted black canvas and black paper to see what one I like the best. I selected the black paper. My Kimber Pro Elite has a silver frame with black slide and the black paper grips looks great. They really aren't that shiny.

John is great to work with and he do what it takes to make the customer happy. I can recommend the VZ grips without hesitation.

Sorry I do not have the capiblity to post pictures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts