1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard an unconfirmed rumor that Baers can be had without front grasping grooves. If so does this apply to all models and does it add time and or money to your order? I searched the website for this info to no avail. Thanks for any help.

Phil

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I know some on this forum have ordered a Baer pistol this way. Model was not an issue I recall.

Try a search on the Baer forum.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I could be mistaken, but I believe you can order any configuration you want as long as it uses components listed in the Baer catalog. Since a 5" slide without front serations is a catalog part, I believe you can substitute it on models with front serations.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I ordered my Premier II this way. I was pretty picky and specific about its configuration, and it took about 6 months to order it through Davidson's. I think it might have been faster going directly through Baer.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all who replied. I did find additional info by searching the Baer forum :rolleyes: . I too am after a pII, with a single side safety and no front cocking serrations. I deal with an FFL who gives me very good prices. Can a pII be ordered in this flavor through any dealer or only certain dealers? I'd assume I could work directly with Baer on the details and just have it shipped to my local FFL, but we all know about assuming :dope:.

Thanks again,
Phil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts